ZenOK Free Antivirus v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

New, free antivirus

http://www.zenok.com/en/free-antivirus/

Attached Files:

2. simisg

simisg Registered Member

Re: ZenOK Free Antivirus

anyone knows what engine uses?
    it look the most complete free antivirus with backup
    someone must test it
    maybe languy99.............

3. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Re: ZenOK Free Antivirus

It appears that they're using their own engine.It's currently being tested for the VB100 apparently.

4. David2041

David2041 Registered Member

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Looks really nice (visually). I'll test it a bit today. If it's BD, then that's not all that bad considering it's free.

6. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

It looks like the av is free but you have pay monthly for the online backup.

7. eugene91

eugene91 Registered Member

Hmm interesting.. Anyone here tried it out yet?

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

9. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Another free AV? Detection and performance result? They are using outdated BitDefender engine.

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

This program obviously never heard of Security Center inside Windows because it's not recognized by the Windows Security Center...
    There also isn't much to set so it's perfect for beginner users. I'm just preparing to test it with live malware to see how it works.

11. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Report back afterwards:)

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I'm still waiting for the initial scan to complete. It's not exactly the fastest, though you have to take into account that it's running inside VirtualPC.
    But still, on hardware that i'm using (Core i7 920 and 6GB of RAM with a WD Caviar Black 2TB) it's scanning really slowly.

13. dr pan k

dr pan k Registered Member

From the ZenOK official site:

"ZENOK FREE ANTIVIRUS 2010 is a FULL VERSION antivirus suite. This amazingly efficient tool is five years ahead of any other security suite"....

What i dont like is the way they r trying to make money, through a pyramid sell scheme: http://www.zenok.com/en/affiliate/

"The ZenOK Affiliate Program pays you once after a customer's first monthly payment, plus 20% of that customer's future monthly fees for as long as their paid account remains open."

14. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I'm not sure in which category is 5 years ahead of the others, but that category certainly isn't detection. Based on MDL, it detected only 1 thing (supposedly, considering i got a acess denied message, but no warning from ZenOk itself). Judging by that, i can't really recommend it. I've seen more spectacular results from completely rubbish antiviruses or even the most mediocre ones. This one just doesn't cut it. If you want an easy to use low profile thing, use MSE. At least i know it has a proven detection track record in many departments...

15. dark456

dark456 Registered Member

Zen = Horrible

Just compiled poison ivy to be fully undetected to their whole suite. Bypassed all levels and i am able to control the machine as i please :ninja:

more like 10 years behind all other security suites :shifty:

16. dr pan k

dr pan k Registered Member

it says five years ahead of any other security suite which is at least ridiculous.... not even the major players in the industry can assert stuff like that

17. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I think i can safely say you're much better protected with ClamWin than with this crap.

18. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

I just installed it and now running my first scan. They require you to give out your phone number to register which is BS.
    Of coarse I gave them a fake phone number. Once thing that I have already noticed is the AV has no configuration settings.
    Just has "Start Antivirus Full Scan Now", "Snooze Scan", "Wake Up Scan" and "Quarantine". That is it.
    No real-time settings, no scan settings, no exclusions list for false positives, no update settings, I'm not sure if it even has web protection.

It is very basic and not ready for prime time. Hopefully they will address these issues.
    I wonder if they are trying to pass off a free antivirus just to get you to pay for their online backup service?

I backup my files to my external Maxtor OneTouch4 Plus, I don't trust online backup.

Thanks.:)

19. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It would not be wrong with all that if it would have detected at least something.
    But it has detected exactly um nothing. That's just awful even for BitDefender engine...

20. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

So does this use an old Bitdefender engine,or a stripped down one,since it doesn't seem to compare by any means from what I read.o_O

Also what does this 'leapfrog' heuristics technology comprise of,seeing that there doesn't appear to be any scanner settings adjustment o_O

21. simisg

simisg Registered Member

at the time zenok detects nothing on my tests against sites of malwaredomain
    bad perfomance also and not detected by windows security center
    nothing worth conversation here......

22. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

my foot ok antivirus

23. tk55

tk55 Registered Member

Zen OKo_O no, the author's Zen is definately way from ok :)

the first time it rebooted it crashed peerblock and froze the whole pc. ctrl+alt+del don't even respond and i have to hit the reset switch to reboot :(

second reboot seems to have done something as both booted without error. but as the other poster said, windows security centre don't even know it!

oh, the first screen came up with nothing but wanting you to create an account. that's when i decided it has to go, period..........

edit: why are they all like to use the umbrella icon? zenok green umbrella with small red handle, rising av with full green umbrella, and avira with red umbrella :)

24. Yanix

Yanix Registered Member

:D Because its a good idea for a security software, I think Avira is the first compagny that used it.

25. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

What are you guys complaining about?
    They say they're "five years ahead".
    Of course the malware will have to catch up before ZenOK will detect it! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.