Zemana Introduces IT-Sentry New U.S. Distributor

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Securon, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

2. Application files and processes are ZAM, the only thing different between ZAM and Watchdog is name and the fact that it requires .net 3.5 to install on a system where as ZAM does not.

3. anon

anon Registered Member

4. malware1

malware1 Registered Member

Sorry, I meant Watchdog, not Zemana.
    Your product isn't a rebranded one but Watchdog is. You're certainly misunderstanding what a "rebrand" is.

5. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

Zemana-Antimalware and Wachtdog-Antimalware are the same.
    Both use the same drivers and executables (and my German translation)
    The Watchdog files have the same names and are digitally signed, by Zemana..

http://abload.de/img/zemana-watchdoghwqzu.jpg

6. ida15

ida15 Registered Member

Hello again,

With all due respect but I am not misunderstanding anything :) I know exactly what a re brand is, otherwise I wouldnt be working where I am at currently. Make sure you express yourself in the right manner malware1.

Ida

7. malware1

malware1 Registered Member

It seems you do. If Watchdog isn't a rebrand/clone (like you did before with HitmanPro), then what is it? You claim that they use your technology. What does that exactly mean? What technology are you referring to?
    What does rebrand mean according to you? What does make Watchdog a non-rebrand?

8. Are all the binaries the same (hash and signing) or are there differences?

9. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

The offline installer has different hash and signing. That's how it must be, because UI is different. (Watchdog, instead of Zemana)
    Other files are the same and are signed by Zemana.

I guess Ida will not give further informations, because she is not allowed to, and the whole thing is confidential.

10. PaleDark

PaleDark Registered Member

Just wondering, why is everyone so concerned about whether Zemana is Watchdog or Watchdog is Zemana etc etc etc.....? Does it going to impact the product performance? Otherwise why the debate? I mean if it is true or false, would that going to impact you from buying anything from them?

11. A re-brand means it has been labelled and packaged differently. So there is a grey area in software. When it just has a logo swop it is definitely a re-branded version. When the GUI is different one can also say it is not a re-brand, but a different product sharing the same technology.

Ida/Zemana is taking a correct position in this rebrand debate. Probably due to their history with HitmanPro and Zemana using the underlying HMP technology they are so strict and touchy about this issue. When they say it is a re-brand, the lawyers of Surfright, now with deep Sophos money pockets, would be knocking at their door in seconds. So Ida knows where she is talking about. She just has to be cautious. Let's drop this discussion: it uses the same technology ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
  12. PaleDark

PaleDark Registered Member

I agreed. As long as the product works very well for us, it is good enough. Anything else secondary.

13. ida15

ida15 Registered Member

@malware1, sorry my apologies if I was rude or anything like that, not my intention. We at Zemana appreciate you and every other user of ours. And thank you for everything, your feedback, comments and suggestions. I suggest we just drop this topic as some of the forum members above said.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Best regards,

Ida

14. anon

anon Registered Member

15. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Ahhh...no apologies necessary!

16. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

I just logged in to drop a little note. After Ida suggested to drop the topic three months ago, I contacted IT-Sentry alongwith the thread URL and relevant information. Here's what they told me "Watchdog Anti-Malware is a 100% re-branding of Zemana Antimalware by RST Development, Inc."

I confirmed again:
    "As far as Watchdog and Zemana Antimalwares are concerned, Our company president personally brokered the re-brand deal between Watchdog Development and Zemana Ltd."

So maybe IT-Sentry and Zemana got some obscure NDAs?

From the recent watchdog giveaway page comments

"Btw you can install Watchdog,register it with promo key,then install Zemana Premium,Watchdog will be replaced with Zemana-registered for 2 years ;)" (Actually 380 days though, 365+15 days)

"I installed it, restarted my laptop, then Watchdog Anti-Malware turned into Zemana Anti Malware free. I inserted the license and it works but why the whole Watchdog facade"

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.