Zemana AntiMalware 2 BETA

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Emre TINAZTEPE, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Emre TINAZTEPE

Emre TINAZTEPE Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

Today we released our brand new product Zemana Cloud AntiMalware which is powered by 10 AV engines and it is currently in BETA. You can read more about it here: http://www.zemana.com/product/zemana-antimalware/

sshot-6.png sshot-1s.png sshot-1.png

Please have in mind that the beta version is not the final version of the product. Since all the beta versions are precursors of final products, we can't guarantee absence of errors.

The Benefits of Beta Testing:
    · You will get a free LIFETIME LICENSE!
    · Get your name on beta testers page
    · Enjoy the product's features before the rest of the world
    · Provide us with your suggestions, ideas and opinions about our products, its features and influence further development

Any feedbacks are appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  2. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

It seems that having signed up to the beta testing group which appears to be hosted by Google Groups I need to have a gmail account to proceed to the point where I can actually download the beta for testing. Is this correct?
    What happens if I do not have a gmail account.

3. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Create one....

4. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

You miss the point. I do not want and should not have to create a gmail account and join any groups. I have a bad experience of this - maybe a one off, but not one I am prepared to risk repeating.

5. Paul R

Paul R Registered Member

Seems to be picking up my start up tabs as browser hijacks.

upload_2015-1-20_20-44-50.png

6. atunis5804

atunis5804 Registered Member

It's VERY easy to sign up for it & get the free LIFETIME license...

7. atunis5804

atunis5804 Registered Member

I just downloaded the new program (got my lifetime license!)...I ran the program, which found almost a dozen pieces of maleware! (I run bitdefender total security 2015 on my Win8 computer). Impressive Job!!!

8. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Few suggestions:

1) Change "This could take a while, please wait" to "This could take a while, please wait..."

2) Change "Congrats!" to "Congratulations!"

3) Add "Scan time:" text before duration value in scan summary window

4) Add "Pause" option for scan

5) Change "Scanning %n" to "Scanning n%"

6) Clicking on "X" should completely exit application. You already have Minimize button that puts it in tray.

7) During scan, show only detection rate per file (5/10 for example). User can later make right click and check details. Those should show each engine along with detection name.

BTW, it would be nice to see in GUI what AV engines are used...in About window?

9. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

Hi Emre.

Nasty technical details...
    Test system: Intel E8400/G35; 2GB RAM; 41GB PATA HDD.
    Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, clean install from image 12/22/14.
    Realtime: Ad-Aware Pro & Zemama AL Pro & HitmanPro.Alert 3.0.23.137 RC.
    On-demand: HitmanPro, Malwarebytes and ZAM 2.1.1.353.

Installation & beta key activation A-OK.
    Smart Scan took 2m 44s, 4312 items.
    Full Scan took 8m 12s, 11646 items.
    CloudApp, Google & 1e100 connections - no TCP errors logged.

Task Manager metric:
    45-59,000Kb Working Set during full scan, hovering mostly at 49-51KB; CPU 5-46, hovering mostly at 15-20.
    The Wilders it’s-heavy-on-my-system Group have no cause for concern.

There are no logs I can find so I can't determine if my C:\MalStuff directory was scanned. It contained two four-day old samples (leftover from previous testing). HitmanPro did find them there, both Kaspersky hits. One has a Virus Total score 9/57 inclusive of Kaspersky, Symantec and AVG. The other 11/56 - Kaspersky, Symantec and Avira. Not PUPs or toolbars, neither was flagged by Ad-Aware (Bitdefender) or Malwarebytes on-demand or in VT; I’m thinking ZAM didn’t flag them for the same reason. But I thought I would post that up anyhow.

More tests real soon. With samples in my MalStuff directory and another in Program Files\MalStuff2.

The full scan progress bar was "stuck" at 1% from 11646 to about 3300 when it began to count up to 17% when at about 700 items it jumped to 100% in less than a second. I observed a similar "stuck-jump" behavior during the Smart Scan.

Needs "scan with ZAM" in Explorer's context menu, but you know that.

Most excellent is that file and folder exclusions is supported - something HitmanPro has needed for a loooooooooong time.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  10. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Nice, simple program. Easy to use. Had a minor display bug with elapsed time of scan. Submitted bug report.

11. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Does this still use HitmanPro technology like v1 or is it completely new?

12. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

http://snag.gy/pFePx.jpg

When selected as "Report as safe", it still lets you only choose "Clean". Perhaps this can be changed to something like "Finish" when no infections are marked to be deleted?

Also, perhaps make the exit window confirmation a bit more compact?
    http://snag.gy/shpyy.jpg

In Reports section, double click does not open reports. Can this be added?

13. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Looks cool, but at the moment I'm not into cloud based AV's, perhaps in the future, who knows. But congrats with the release.

14. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

Please add an option to exit the program on closing the window.
    I don't really understand the point in having a service running all the time for an on-demand scanner. Will it include realtime protection in future ?

15. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

I may try the beta but think I'll wait a few days to see what develops in here first.

16. KaptainBug

Placed a test file in Downloads folder and smart scan did not detect it, whereas a full scan detected the file. Downloads folder is common place for malwares and I think it should be included in smart scan.

17. KaptainBug

Its already there.

18. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I think it's good for the Downloads folder to exluded as included it would make the scan time much longer in my case as I have over 600 installers in my downloads folder. Aside from that, the downloads folder should not contain any active malware.

Edit: I ran a scan of my Download folders, and after 27 minutes when I cancelled the scan, it was only 37% complete.

19. roger_m

The default action for heuristic detections is to quarantine them. I think this should be changed, as a files detected by herustics may be clean.

20. osmandemi

osmandemi Registered Member

Antivirus cloud engines : metascan 8 : clamm antivirus,ahnlab,vipre,eset,avira,quick heal,bitdefender,total defense) microsoft and mcafee

21. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

This is weird. I followed instructions at the link provided by Zemana, and got the confirmation email. Now when I go to sign in , it asks for my password. I was never given or asked to create one, when I clicked on the link in the confirmation email. This has got me beat. That is why I hate having to go through google, since the way they do things is a pain in the a***.

ScreenShot_Zemana beta group_password_01.gif

22. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I see the problem, even though I am confirmed by Zemana, now I have to create a google account. What a palaver.:(

P.S. I have a [current] commercial license for Zemana Anti-Logger...But, is it worthwhile jumping through hoops to get to join this beta for a new product.

ScreenShot_Zemana beta group_password_02.gif

23. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

Not that I can find.
    noZAM.jpg

24. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

I dropped a 3-day old Malware Pack folder containing 55 threats into my C:\MalStuff folder, then C:\Windows and finally C:\Program files for Smart and Full scans. Only in the latter and with a Full Scan did ZAM find the files, all 55 (to be expected considering the age of the files). Ad-Adware's Quick Scan and HitmanPro didn't have any problem finding the folder at any of those locations.

Scanning needs work. I'll resume testing at the next beta.

Clearly 100% of the detections were Avira and Bitdefender indicated with a good number ESET and one logo I didn't recognize... a little blue and gold "twist."

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  25. roger_m

You need your Google password, as you're logging into Google.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.