Zemana antilogger test

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ako, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ako

ako Registered Member

I tried to test ZAL, to test whether it gives any protection to malware.
    The test was short. First 2 went through and explorer, eg, stopped to work. To continue I cleaned the VM succesfully with Prevx. Then I continued. Next malware somehow (probably by changing system year!) maid ZAL to think that it had expired! o_O :thumbd: o_O
    Zemana closed itself down. I tried to clean VM again with Prevx, this time it was difficult. I changed system time back and rebooted. ZAL worked 2 minutes and then decided it was enough (see pic.). :blink:
    Prevx finally seemed to kill the beast.
    Well....it is anti-keylogger, but still.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Dude, I informed Joe from the start of Edge to make sure Prevx could do this test. So, lets just make sure we all stay well informed of this.

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

any chance of conflict between prevx and zemana?

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I would use just Prevx. I have never really seen the value of Zemana

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

ako did you tried zemana alone after this one?thanks

6. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Thanks for the test ako.

Zemana is effective in alerting which programs are monitoring keystrokes, trying to activate the webcam (some malicious websites do try!) so I'm assuming it works best in conjunction with a program like prevx against files which don't aim to damage a system, but continue to work silently in the background and retrieve your data.

Similar to what prevx has implemented to their browser, but works with all your other non-browser programs (messenger/online games etc) - so if prevx is now implementing a similar feature to what it performs (for browsers), there must be value in it.

Its self-protection could improve though.

7. Saraceno

And trjam, you must see value in these type of programs, you're running KeyScrambler Pro! :D

Edit - just a note, while installing AppRanger to test, the program wouldn't install unless I allowed three components of AppRanger with Zemana (which provided alerts on monitoring drivers being installed). So I've found Zemana works with providing users with alerts on applications that are of the monitoring kind.

Would I prefer my hard disk to be toast, or my banking data monitored by another program or keystrokes monitored (by girlfriend for example), I'd probably go with the first as I have my important data backed-up, and the second situation can go on for many months or more before being noticed.

I'm using this with prevx, a friend is using Zemana with Mamutu and prevx, all which work well. I could see this program working well alongside ThreatFire for solid protection. Just those two and a weekly scan would be good.

If a test can be created for programs that focus on stealing/retrieving data, rather than damaging a system, that would be perfect. If you notice their homepage, it focuses on hijackers, toolbars retrieving your data and so on. Seems to be updated every half-hour or so.

zemana.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  8. ako

ako Registered Member

No, but Prevx protection was off.

9. Saraceno

All good ako. Would it be difficult to compile a test with just password stealers, hijackers, and key and screen loggers only?

I'm guessing it is more time consuming, as there aren't many tests around with just these sorts of programs.

10. ako

ako Registered Member

Such testing would require AV-lab level facilities. How to get samples, how to test?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  11. ako

ako Registered Member

Who knows, but probably not.

12. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

zemana crashes my VB machine (latest version tested, but run ok on VMware) .as far i test it for malware it DOESN'T block them , and they been allowed and screw my system.
    better not consider this products as "anti mlware" even products claim it got some protection against it.
    actually , if u are looking to spend some money on serious software agianst malware , this product can be put easly at the end of line :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.