Zemana AntiLogger Free Handles Leak?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by syrinx, Dec 25, 2014.

1. syrinx

syrinx Registered Member

I recently noticed that the Zemana Antilogger Free exe on my computer was adding a handle about every second. For now I've set the exe to NOT launch at boot as it isn't critical for encryption to be enabled. When it was running though it would happily eat upward of 20,000 handles by itself which is more than the rest combined and easily 10x (or more) than any other program on my system.

In an attempt to figure out if it might related to a conflict with something on my system I wanted to reach out here and see if anyone else using the free version might check the handle count for the exe and let me know if it is playing nicely for you.

Update:
    Took a while but I found the cause. Any time a virtual machine is running ZALF eats handles every second. Otherwise it seems to play nicely. Reported to their CS.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  2. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

thanks for the report since i use VMS occasionaly myself

3. syrinx

syrinx Registered Member

Just updated to the newer 1.8.2.198 build which has a fix for this issue. Working well so far!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.