Zemana alerts

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Just FYI in case some don't realise what it's capable of showing & preventing, as well as it's AntiKeylogging duties :thumb:

Got these two yesterday

wtm.gif z-cap.gif

Not sure why they would want to try and do that ? But i blocked them both ;)

I've had other such similar alerts from time to time, as well as other non KL ones :thumb: which "could" have been :eek: if they had been nasties.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Why would you block a built-in Microsoft tool, and another security program from doing their job? Those should be in the exceptions.
    Task Manager manages and terminates processes, so code injection into other applications should be expected. As for ZoneAlarm screenshot, I have no clue.

Would you block Zemana if ZoneAlarm alerted you about its suspicious behaviour?

3. CloneRanger

Originally Posted by J_L

Re TM

Because i use TM quite a bit & don't recall getting an alert such as that before, so felt it was suspicious & therefore blocked it. No harm was done to me or the comp etc ;)

No, OK.

I have & do :D Sometimes Zemana tries to phone home, even though i've set it not to ! Quite why it does ? I doubt if it's nefarious, "probably" trying to be "helpful" or something ?

4. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

I've been using Zemana for over 2 years as well as installing it on other computers and can confirm that I've never seen a Taskmanager alert, neither on new installations nor existing installations.

In this case malware may have subverted TM and CloneRanger was correct in blocking it. Why bother to have a program like this if when a warning occurs you assume that it's a false positive?

5. CloneRanger

@ J_L

When i booted up today, look what i saw

zint.gif

And blocked. It's only trying to go locally to 0.0.0.0 DNS though it "seems" But i have disable DNS caching anyway. Not sure why it would want to go there ?

@ cruelsister

Thanks for the confirm etc :thumb:

6. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Seems to me that if you're going to block the activities of what appear to be legitimate programs, such as Task Manager, you should follow up with a scan for malware to find out if the legit files have been replaced.

Regarding using one anti-malware program eg ZoneAlarm to block another eg Zemana, why use an anti-malware program if you don't trust it to do what it's designed to do? It would be a good idea to make certain that the "phone home" function of an antimalware program is not necessary for it to work optimally before disabling/blocking it, especially now that many programs rely on cloud services to enhance their detection capability.

7. LethalBoy

LethalBoy Registered Member

Why are you blocking legitimate programs like task manager? Also.. You blocked AntiLogger.exe ?? That's a Zemana process :S. You can't block whatever it shows.

8. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

@Cloneranger is there a way to make zemana prompt you for system changes...what i am trying to say here is .. does it have a HIPS component? and if so how responsive is it? I am asking this because I use spyshelter and oh boy I must tell you it is very responsive if u know what i mean:D

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

indeed K spyshelter is very alertive;) it's a hips program remember?:D

10. Kernelwars

oh yes.. :thumb:

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i think with spyshelter or zemana with a solid antivirus is all we need i guez:) :D

12. Kernelwars

i would say..spyshelter / zemana and hitman should be enough.. but yes any light weight av will be good too..

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

avast or nod32 maybeo_O

14. Kernelwars

J or maybe Trendmicro titanium..:thumb:

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

indeed my friend:D

16. LethalBoy

LethalBoy Registered Member

Trend micro?? How is trend micro? :eek:

17. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Vipre and Zemana work good for my setup...:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.