ZD Net is Down until July 7, 2002

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Prince_Serendip, Jul 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Just to let those who may wish to know about it:

Now I'll have to go to TUCOWS! Does anyone else have links to similar, but different Multi-Download Sites? It would be a big help! Thanks! :)

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Well, there's always http://downloads.zdnet.co.uk/ if you're looking for something similar.

-javacool

3. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

http://www.hotdownloads.com
    http://www.softnews.ro

Enjoy

Technodrome

4. Prince_Serendip

Thanks guys! These are really good links. I like having alternatives to the same old, same old. This gives me an idea of making our own listing of Download Sites that are good and dependable. Places where you can pick up excellent applications for security, privacy, utilities etc. (while still maintaining your budget). It's a big Web out there! We can all use all the help we can get! :)

5. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

The 'Virus and Security Alerts' forum is still up there, or at least it was awhile ago. Pete

6. Prince_Serendip

Uh, spy1? Huh?
    And this refers to...this topic?

I was suggesting that we organize our links to freeware or very good ware sites in a single forum for use by members and guests for specific but related needs. Yes, I know we have the Wilders Downloads but this would include descriptions and comments. What do ya think?

7. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

:D The subject of this thread was the outage at ZDNet - I merely through the fact into the mix that the forums at ZDNet were still up ('Virus and Security Alerts' is one of their forums at ZDNet).

Clearer? Pete

8. Prince_Serendip

:D As Homer Simpson would say, "Indubitably. Mmmmm? Donuts!" ;)

9. root

root Registered Member

Uh, Prince, my friend, what am I missing here? It has probably been three months since I went to any of the big download sites for anything, yet you seem to be distressed because ZDNet downloads is going to be down for a couple of days.
    Am I missing something here? Girls, free booze, what?
    Whats worse is that nobody else seems to feel this is a strange request. Please don't take the "strange" wrong, I can't find the right word right now. :)
    On the other hand, maybe you are a major powerdownloader. I know they're out there in the wild. I think I saw one from a distance one evening around dusk. The light was dim and it was hard to tell for sure, but I though I saw the big GetRight faintly glowing.
    Whatever it is, I hope you find peace and all the downloads you want.
    Later :D

10. Prince_Serendip

;) Hi root!
    [shadow=red,left,300]I LOVE TO SHOP![/shadow]

Yeah, I was put off by them being down for a couple days. I usually avoid TUCOWS. They can be so commercial. Went there and found what I needed though. It wasn't so bad thanks to no pop-ups nor ads. I also put this topic up cuz I wanted to know where the rest of you shop. Where do you go when you're in dire need of an application in a hurry? There are lots of places in the wild, but I hate sifting through haystacks to find the bright gems/needles. Imagine walking through a jungle full of predatory creatures, pushing a shopping cart! You get the idea (I hope)!

Thank you very much for the links provided so far. In exchange, if I find any useful links I'll post them for you. Share the wealth! :)

11. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Prince,

This might not be what you're looking for, but it is a nice site with lots of links:

List of lists:

http://lists.gpick.com./

12. root

root Registered Member

Oh, Ok. :D
    I don't think you want to know where I shop though. ;)
    Paul would hollar at me. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.