ZAAV latest version not ready for auto-update?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by rOadToIS, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rOadToIS

rOadToIS Registered Member

Hi guys,
    I am using ZoneAlarm Antivirus and was trying to update it to the latest version using auto update. However, it keeps saying that it's up to date, although it is not. Am I the only one with this problem?
    I am using version 8.0.059.

2. dwax

dwax Registered Member

My ZA Pro dose the same thing, thats why I just go to the update page and check.

3. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

8.0.059 is not the most current version. Update to 8.0.298 and it will work. Just download it and install it.

4. fax

fax Registered Member

Normal... ZAlabs never turnON updates before somedays... just in case of unexpected problems.
    Monday, if everything works well they will turn ON autoupdate for ZASS and then slowly for the other versions.

Good norm is to update only when autoupdate will notify you. BUt if you are keen to jump you can update manually. Many did already without major problems

Cheers,
    Fax

5. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

FWIW, I think fax is right.;)

There is no need to rush in to pioneer updates from ZA. I hold back on updates even on windows sometimes til I decide if there are issues with updates/patches etc or even if I need the update.

Unless you have clean os image ready to drop in and love being on the bleeding edge as first out of the gate. There is far to much of this debugging of vendors SW by us the users. But this is merely an opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.