ZA pro 4.5 Using too much memory :(

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Smartdevil, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smartdevil

Smartdevil Registered Member

Hello Everyone,
    I just started using ZA pro 4.5 ( was using NPF 2003 before ). The problem i am having with it is once the machine has been on for a while, VSMON.exe starts using too much memory. Around 60 mb.. Is this normal ? is there any way to sort this out ?

Thanks
    Smart Devil

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi Smart Devil

...welcome to Wilders :).

The problem you are experiencing is not normal.
    I have seen comments of other users having similar experiences with memory issues with ZAP. Not sure if the problem has been narrowed down or if there is any fix.

Until some other ZAP users come along, you might want to check out the Zone Labs User Forum. A search for vsmon and memory usage/memory leak will bring up a few posts.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Hi SmartDevil & welcome to Wilders ....
    ZAPro uses 4.16MB - ZAP has a tutorial, have you checked it out & read it? If you cannot find a fix there, you might want to try to uninstal and then re-instal ZAP.

4. Seran

Seran Guest

Are you running emule or overnet as well? I've got the same problem, vsmon runs at about 100 MB after a day and in some other forum someone suggested it might have something to do with overnet. well i'm not running it, i run emule instead but maybe it's still the same problem.

5. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

I too found very high memory use with VSMON.DLL running ZAP. This was on a freshly re-installed XP box. However the cause for me was running Shareaza P2P software. Leave Shareaza running overnight and VSMON would be up to 150 MB by the following morning. This tunred out to be the 'push' I needed to start to look at other firewall software, and to enjoy the insight and benefit from the fantastic forum-ites here at Wilders :) :) .

(BTW Currently running the leanest and meanest firewall - LooknStop, though not for the faint hearted :D )

6. kettenhund

kettenhund Guest

I disabled KAD in emule and vsmon mem-usage stays at 7mb
    with KAD it was horrend

7. maurizio

maurizio Registered Member

I've the same problem. Did you find any solution to that? Do you know a firewall that doesn't create the problem?
    Let me know, please.
    Thanks
    Maurizio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.