ZA Popups

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by CloneRanger, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I said i'd grab BOTH to prove they exist

z1.png z2.png

This is on a Vista PC with a previous V of ZA. I forgot to get the V whilst i was there !

It's not the end of the world, but people should be able to have the choice to stop them permanently.

On my ZA v.5.5..... i can & have set the option that IS there, not to check for Auto updates, & it doesn't :thumb:

2. fax

fax Registered Member

Of course pop-ups they exist in any version of ZA also yours. You will get pop-ups but certainly NOT at every time you turn ON the PC!
    So, the ZA used by your friend needs a doctor... LoL

From the look of it they are from a VERY old ZA version, probably V.8 or V.9? Very much latest versions if we compare it with yours ;)
    Time to update, most probably that ZA installation is corrupted.

EDIT: Also ensure that ZA has the right to save on the PC, if not, the "no thank you" will be useless and you will keep getting it at each boot as ZA cannot save your choice. This will happen always regardless the version used.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

My V only PopUps about once a year, reminding me to check for updates, which is fine.

I'll have another look @ theirs.

4. Aborash

Aborash Registered Member

May be a clean install will fix it :doubt:

5. Oximoronman

Oximoronman Registered Member

I didn't believed as novice in firewalls,but in 2007 I installed ZA (I think 6) and I had warnings that it blocked attacks from other computer,and report who is that.In that time I was just a kid (for computers) so I didn't know where to see that Ip address,so until now I don't know who.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.