ZA Line (XP compatible) Updated

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by QBgreen, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

The XP compatible line of ZoneAlarm products have been updated to v. 7.0.470.000. Release info is not available as of this post.

2. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Re: ZA Line (XP comaptible) Updated

Son of a b*** *. Just when I said I would try not to install another program this happens. LOL. I have ZAAS and gotta give it a reinstall now. You were right aigle. LOL.

3. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Twenty three minutes have gone by and I haven't installed the new version. LOL. I think I may pass as the release history doesn't mention fixing the Welcome Screen hang.

4. henryg

henryg Registered Member

ZoneAlarm Pro version 7.0.470.000

Note: these notes also apply to ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm (free firewall) when applicable. For example, improvements to anti-spyware do not apply to our AntiVirus product, but do apply to Suite and Pro that both include anti-spyware features.

Usability improvements:
    Fixed the issue where in some cases the client would “lose” settings, causing user to respond to alerts that otherwise would not appear
    Prevent unnecessary error dialog to be displayed for non-Admin users
    Client can now be started in safe mode (with networking only) for antivirus scan and removal
    Compatibility improvements:
    Enable content filtering and privacy when ForceField is active
    Fixed the Spy Doctor Gate to only gate for 5.0 and earlier
    Free ZoneAlarm firewall and ZoneAlarm Pro can now co-exist with Kaspersky AV
    Various other stability and performance improvements

5. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Any word on the Vista line yet? Have they added in all the 'peripheral' features yet?

6. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Sigh* :rolleyes: I recall posting about this annoyance with ZA Many Many Moons ago, and yet still it still troubles numerous ZA users so here we go again I'll fix it for you in a few minutes if you follow these simple instructions :D

Note* This method is known to work 100% and get you your bootup speed back once again :cautious:

Firstly download yourself a previous version of your favourite application here:

ZONEALARM PRO:
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/zap/releaseHistory.html

ZONEALARM SECURITY SUITE:
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/zass/releaseHistory.html

ZONEALARM ANTIVIRUS:http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/zaav/releaseHistory.html

ZONEALARM ANTI SPYWARE:
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/zaas/releaseHistory.html

It is recommended that you download a version such as 5.5 and uninstall your version 7 then install the version 5.5....Install your current key and configure the settings as you like them......Check for updates using the check for updates tab,and download and install using upgrade.

Your system will no longer have the dreaded screen lag, instead your system will now boot up in seconds fully updated to Version 7 :shifty: :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.