ZA 6.5.173.000 still got buggs

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by TraCKs, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TraCKs

TraCKs Registered Member

Having used ZA for nearlly 4 years, I've decided not to use it anymore. It seems that the resetting of the database is a ongoing monthly part of ZA now, and its the users (us) are the ones who seem to be accepting zonelabs sloppy coding and there slack behaviour by not beta testing new releases. Think ill just use my router and windows firewall and ill try and find the program (forget what its called) that checks outgoing pkts...:)

PS: can anyone recomend a smallish free program that will check out going.... Thankyou.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I've used zonealarm for many years as well with no big problems, from what i can see the newer free versions are no different to the older free versions. Maybe you could try using an older version if you only need the free version. I use older versions such as 3.7 and 4.5 on many computers.

In regards to other small firewalls there is kerio 2.1.5, outpost free, jetico(which can be a bit hard to use) and comodo. I also hear people talking about ghostwall which is very small and light, i haven't used it tho and don't know if it has outgoing protection, maybe another user can verify this?

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Have used ZA free and now Pro sense early 4.XX on Win 98, 2k and XP Pro. The only problem I ever experienced was with one of the early 6.XX vers. Turned out to be a case of self inflicted trouble, BSOD, due to an altered boot screen. Returned the boot screen to default and the problem vanished. Till I hear of ZA being cracked I`ll stick with it. Then again, setting behind a nat router it is more for out bound control. I also run it on my laptop connected via wirless useing WPA with a 63 charecter key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.