Your thoughts on Total Uninstall

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I have had very bad experience in the past with Revo Uninstaller, plus, it doesn't support installations of programs that require a reboot as part of the installation process.

I asked on the forums of Total Uninstall and they claim to have support for such installations where Total Uninstall will launch automatically upon the reboot

Now before I purchase it, would you kindly :

1) Inform me how good is this program, your experiences with it

2) Will it pose any benefit if I install it now after I already have all my programs setup or that would be useless and I should keep it ready for my next format in order to have everything monitored from scratch?

3) Is the uninstaller any more effective than the Windows Uninstaller in the event that the setup was not monitored such as programs I previously had installed before I install Total Uninstall?

2. berryracer

PS: One of the bad experiences I had with the Pro version of Revo Uninstaller.....

I formatted my system, started installing all apps while monitoring each one using Revo...

One day, a new version of Java was released so I uninstalled the older version using Revo Uninstaller and that went fine...

But to my surprise, when I launched Firefox, everything in Firefox was reset including my saved website cookies, addons, settings, etc, as if I had just installed Firefox fresh...

After that incident, I emailed tech support then they issued me a refund without explaining what might have happened or helping me solve it.....

3. pegr

pegr Registered Member

4. berryracer

I haven't YET, and I haven't bought Total Uninstaller nor even downloaded the trial.

But I am just doing some research to see if it is any better than Revo Uninstaller

5. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I did pay for total uninstall when it was version 5 something. (back in 2009 or so) I remembered that it was a pretty decent uninstaller so a couple of days ago (saturday 28th july) I decided to take their offer on upgrading. I payed for the upgrade with VISA (after I provided them with my old license key) but I am still waiting for the license key for version 6 :/ Always when I pay for a software (and I do that alot) I get the license key within seconds after payment.
    I have not heard anything from them. Nothing about problems with the payment or the license :/ no email that confirmed the payment or anything, a bit annoying. It might just be a problem for me, but be ware if you cant afford to loose the money :mad:

6. berryracer

Thanks for the warning man, I must say that is very unprofessional on their part. As you said, any company would issue you the new license key or upgrade license key instantly! I think they are still living in 2001 where stuff like this happened manually :rolleyes:

7. sukarof

I wrote to them about this and got my license. According to them "everything went ok" and I should check my (gmail) spam folder. It wasnt there though. But he replied very quickly and sent me the license number so for me the problem was solved satisfactory :)

8. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

It is the best out there!

I had a problem with Total Uninstall 5 and then 6. It was my fault that I didn't write them and when I wrote them the author worked with me to iron out the problem. It turned out the problem had nothing to do with them and it had to do with my nightmares with Rollback Rx.

Total Uninstall is the best out there. Also, each user has an account with them with shows everything including the license number, exipary date and which computers are activated.

The best out there,

9. sukarof

Thanks for your input Aladdin. I havent yet tried it so much this time (i have forgotten how it works :) ) but I remembered that Total uninstall was quite good back in the day I used it :)
    I am sure my problem was some kind of glitch somewhere and not an attempt to scam me out of my money :) especially since martau so fast solved my problem without hassle.
    But I put the info out here if someone else gets the same problem, then you can say that Martau has some kind of problem with the payment solution.

10. Get

Get Registered Member

11. ESQ_ERRANT

ESQ_ERRANT Registered Member

Assuming you paid for the software with a VISA CREDIT CARD and not with a DEBIT CARD, the latter of which I abhor and will not use, why not dispute the charge? You are not obligated to pay for something you did not receive. On the other hand, if you did indeed dispute the charge, then everything should work out for you, apart from the time and aggravation of having to deal with the issue at all. I know of what I speak and can therefore sympathize with your consternation.

I trialed "TOTAL UNINSTALL" but, quite frankly, it appeared too confusing to me and I just did not wish to spend the time necessary to master it, so I dispensed with it.

As for the use of UNINSTALLERS, generally, apart from the WINDOWS UNINSTALLER as accessed through WINDOWS CONTROL PANEL, I now approach all THIRD PARTY UNINSTALLERS with the same trepidation and wariness as I approach REGISTRY CLEANERS. I did at one time purchase and use "YOUR UNINSTALLER" -- and was nonplussed and more than a trifle upset to learn that the DOWNLOAD included a PAYLOAD I didn't want and didn't expect -- SPYWARE -- something I would not have expected of a product one plunks down silver for. As with any product installation today, one must be ever so careful. I now live by the admonition: "HERE THERE BE TYGERS" (to quote the title of a short Ray Bradbury story).

12. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Once Total Uninstall is too confusing to you and you "did not wish to spend the time necessary to master it", it's really an excellent idea "dispensed with it".

With such "confusing" and lack of time "to master" software uninstallers is more easy to do a nimble and quick statement without mastery like "I now approach all THIRD PARTY UNINSTALLERS with the same trepidation and wariness as I approach REGISTRY CLEANERS".

To handle with Registry is only adviced to who wants have time to know something about; the same with files/folders: don't delete any file and think they are too much or "confusing" to keep all them.

13. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Sounds like "nimble and quick" advice to me....;)

14. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I've been using v2.3.5.257 for years on Everything i install, on this XP & previously on 98SE. I've NEVER had Any problems with Installing or Uninstalling, in ALL this time :thumb:

15. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

I stayed with v5.6.1 after v6 came out offering, once again, nothing for the full price. Quite happy with it.
    It needs a little fine-tuning during your first install tracings, where you can exclude stuff from being included in the install log afterwards, such as your anti-virus logs, and some other Windows values which get "updated" nearly every second etc, but after that it's a breeze.

16. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I'm still at 4.9.5. After that version, their business case was to make two versions by taking out function in one version and leaving it in the other for which you had to pay more for. I get annoyed when companies do that just to raise prices. As you said, the yearly versions that have come out since then, didn't offer that much more that would have made it worthwhile for me to purchase a new version.

Al

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.