Your Favourite Forum at Wilders.

Discussion in 'polls' started by dog, May 3, 2004.

?

What's Your Favourite Forum at Wilders

1. Diamond CS

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Eset NOD32

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Javacool

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Look n Stop

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Acronis (New)

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. Hijack and Spyware

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  7. Security Software

18 vote(s)
    42.9%
  8. Virus and Trojan Support

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  9. Other Security Issues

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  10. Privacy Software and Issues

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  11. General Software and Services

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Polls

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  13. Ten Forward

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

What's your Favourite Forum at Wilders? You may choose multiple answers ... and a post of why you like it, would be nice. :)

2. dog

dog Guest

I like most, no I love most of the forums ... everything but eset, look 'n stop and acronis and this is only because I don't have these proggies.

The rest I love'm equally ... as they are a constant source of new knowledge and help ... ;)

But if I had to single one out ... it would definitely be Ten Forward ... it is what to me, makes Wilders feel like home.

dog - *puppy*

And I will of course modify my list ... should I happen to win one of the Acronis Lic. at the 15,ooo member milestone ... lol :D ... wink, wink, Paul ;)

:D

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I didn't see it listed but I like (other antivirus and other firewalls) also. ;)

4. Eliot

Eliot Registered Member

Ditto

5. meneer

meneer Registered Member

I'm a frequent visitor to the lower half of the forum.

What's a bit disturbing to me is the number of posts about 'best av' 'best at' and 'see how many security tools I have installed'. This often seems like a religious thing.
    I stated often that preventing security risks is more important than fighting them. I feel alone in this mission :'(

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

A small comfort: at least there's one who feels the same, André :)

7. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

I "keep an eye" on the Nod32 forum, but my most visited would be "Updates".
    :rolleyes:

8. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Too bad (and there are good reasons it was set up this way) quotes-within-quotes can't be picked up, or I would have included Paul's reply. I suppose I could figure out how to code that manually, but that's too much like work. ;)

Anyway, back to topic. It's pretty much the same here (computer protection, that is) as with "street" crime -- police forces just about everywhere agree that one of their strongest weapons is public awareness and education.

9. MCT

MCT Registered Member

I like javacool's products, especially spyware blaster :D as it totally prevents all of the spyware from getting on my pc while browsing , and nod32 forum, cuz thats my av :p and i like 2 keep up2 date with the bugs and stuff for both forums , i also enjoy helping people solve problems :p

10. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

It's so hard to choose. I like so many of them. :D But if I had to pick a favorite, it would be one the DCS forums since I use most of their products.

11. octogen

octogen Registered Member

I agree! It is hard to choose a favorite. I find myself dwelling mostly in the security software section. I like to keep apprised about various product information.

12. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    Please don't, André :)

As for me, I happen to love to combine "business with pleasure", and therefore am very grateful for the platform in this form (!) provided here at Wilders:
    Though some of you might think I'm only joking around on the ten-forward section, I'm not. :cool:
    While sharing trivia (interesting or not) on the lower side of this forum, I jump around on the upper side :ninja:, collecting knowledge day after day: so much to learn and do!
    I believe that I'm not the only one with this approach, and I think I would speak for many others if I say that, though not being an expert (and I don't have the illusion I'll ever become one), I feel priviliged for receiving so much expert-advice in an active or passive way.
    My favourites (at this stage) are "Browser Hijacks and spyware problems" (that's how I ended up here in the first place: esp. ty 4 PieterArntz!); "Privacy software & Issues"; and "Other security issues".

I'd like to express once more a big "ThankYou" to all administrators, moderators and fellow members; You all make this forum a treasure, a well of inspiration and knowledge and above all....

a great place to hang out!

regards,
    Slammer

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004
  13. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I LOVE them ALL......even the ones that I have no idea what the POSTERS are talking about!!.....it's just that I feel so close to the peeps that just pop in and out of my lovely life.......life is good.......

Cochise, :cool: (In reflective mood).

14. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi dog
    my fave is virus and trogan support but all of them are great--i read most of the posts from all of them just hoping ill gain knowledge --which i have
    Rita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.