Your Favorite Place

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by NeonWizard, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeonWizard

NeonWizard Registered Member

If it would be possible, where in the world would you like it most to live? Hawaii, Cancun, Florida, NY?

Where would you like to move and why?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have always liked Flagstaff Arizona quite a bit. I love it up in the big forest country. Second choice would be Redding California, it is nice around that area also. ;)

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Right now, anywhere warm. :D

snowbound

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Just look at my name/handle, my wife and I hope to retire there someday; Paradise.

Acadia

http://community.webshots.com/album/53225094bhUGQv/0

http://www.acadiamagic.com/Photos01.html

5. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Very nice pictures Acadia! :)

Just like Snowbound, I would like to be in a hotter place!
    Quebec is way too cold and we beat low temperature records this year! (with the wind, it reached - 56 here)Some days it felt just like in J. London's book "to Built a Fire" so cold... that all the house doors become jammed and you cannot get into the house !!! (I had to charge at the door to force it open! :oops:)

After a winter like that, you wish to live closer to the sun!

Uguel

6. bigc73542

here are a couple of pictures of flagstaff arizona. I really love it there.

Attached Files:

7. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Wow! Not much snow! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

If you're that scared of snow y'all come down and visit me in Texas but be prepared for "cedar fever" and lots of cacti!

9. bigc73542

Now Ugeul it does snow there, about 44in. new years day.

Attached Files:

10. NanDog

NanDog Registered Member

Well, New Zealand comes to mind. You can live on the north island and be pretty tropical or pop over to the south island and ski and climb in the southern Alps! Kind of the best of both worlds! Plus, the people are some of the friendliest around!

Edit to add: NZ is one of my favorite "faraway places". In fact I'm seriously considering moving there when I retire!

For a fav place here in the states I guess I'd choose Cape Lookout State Park on the Oregon Coast.

The dog and I have camped there many times. It's just outside Tillamook, Oregon (where Tillamook Cheese is made). The environment inland is rural farmland. Lots of cows (how do you think they make the cheese?). The local radio station is so rural and cool. They play everything from gospel to swing to old rock plus they always have a lost and found section on the weekends! You know: "A white umbrella was found last Tuesday at the intersection of 19th and Oceanview, please call 222-1912 to claim." I like that small town atmosphere!

Plus the Oregon Coast is beautiful! Miles of beach to walk; hugh rocky sea stacks; dense coniferous forests right down to the shore; if you're lucky, spouting whales to view; deer and bears and eagles and shorebirds.......ahhh, I love it down there! It's only a 5 hour drive from my home outside Seattle but it seems a world away! Shoot, I'm about ready to throw the tent in the truck, grab the pup and head out right now! :D

11. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Actually, the cold "scares" more than the snow 'cause you really suffer from it after many days of coldness! Rheumatism and all...even very young people. Many places, in order to cut cost, will reduce the heat and then everywhere you might go you are immersed in the cold! :(

*Oh Detox, thanks for the invitation! :) Cedar trees smell good, I don't think I should worry about them* :)

Uguel

12. bigc73542

If it is just a matter of finding a warm place to thaw out in I think I found it for you. :D

Attached Files:

13. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

I've never been to Hawaii, but I'd love to try it. :D

14. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Well Uguel the Cedar trees do smell good; but this area is famous for causing people to develop allergies even though they've never had them before. I am one of those people.. Never was allergic to a thing until after I had been in this area for a few years then I developed a bunch of 'em :blink:

15. Sumire

Sumire Registered Member

I've been to Hawaii and New Zealand. Yes, both are really good places but my favorite places is Okinawa.

Here are the good Okinawa's pictures
    http://www.ocvb.or.jp/en/gallery/index.html

I really want to live in Okinawa in the future but I'm 25 years old, I must work at least more than 30 years to retire my job. Now I'm working surrounded by buildings.

Hi,Acadia
    I see your links. Acadia is really really beautiful place. If there is a place called Heaven on the earth, maybe Acadia is so. I also want to visit at once. many thanks.

Best Regards.

16. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

humm... Think I'd like to stay where I am, but it would be nice to have a 6-month retreat spot where it's nice and warm. :D

17. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

Today, I'd like to go back to my home state of California.

Right now it's -8 degree's and 2 weeks ago it was -21(including the wind chill).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.