"your computer clock may be wrong" popup

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by bdk, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdk

bdk Guest

is there a way to get rid of the popup at www 007arcadegames com that says "your computer clock may be wrong"

~removed direct link capability....due to the payload awaiting an un-secured user of IE....Bubba~

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2004
  2. SAMUEL001

SAMUEL001 Guest

I have used the PestPatrol Program to get rid of it. Adaware and Spybot S&D can't detect it.

Good Luck

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello bdk,

I am moving your thread to the privacy problems forum so it will get more attention.

4. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Hi bdk :)
    I don't see that pop up? A properly configured firewall will deal with that and the new security measures in the service pack 2 are very effective in dealing with these issues

Regards

5. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

If u are using WinXP - try disabling Windows Messenger. U can get software for ease of disabling and enabling called "Shoot the Messenger" or u can download it as an Add-on to ur Ad-Aware SE [I have Win Messenger disabled through Ad-Aware SE]. If this does not work, then download the Google Toolbar which blocks pop ups as does the FireFox browser. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.