You want to troubleshoot Eset the correct way.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by trjam, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have done as many betas, as Larry has hairs on his head. And in all, there was one simple way to find out what was conflicting with the product I was trying in beta. Some just want to holler about Eset doesnt work with product C, when product B or F are the issue. In my case, it usally wasnt even the problem of the product I was testing but a combo of others.

If you want to get this stuff fixed, then it is time to help instead of hollering.

Take the time, if you can to start with a clean image, snapshot, whatever, one that is fully patched and updated. Add Eset and give it 24 hours to settle in and see if you have issues. Then slowly start adding all that other crap you like to use, only one app every 24 hours and see what happens. You will be amazed at what you may find along the way that can constructively help you, Eset, and all the other customers in the process. Or, you can sit back, complain and hope that Eset reinvents the wheel in the process. We, can be more of an assistance instead of another negative thread starter if we just invest a little time. You have time to hang out here all day, put it to use.

I am currently doing this and with a clean image it is purring like a kitten on all computers. Err, sorry Larry about the hair comment.:cautious:

2. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

no problem I still have a few that I haven't tore out ;) & what you said is true...

3. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Sorry trjam, some are not listening, so your advice falls on deaf ears.
    I don't have a problem with ESS V4 and Vista 32bit/64bit, so I have stopped trying to offer any advice and wish them well.
    Cheers :D

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

thanks Fredra, I wont quit trying just because of the injustice of some posts, at least until my paid license runs out in a year.:doubt:

5. Joeythedude

Joeythedude Registered Member

you're dead right.

I think the problem is - and I do this myself - is that I like to try a lot of apps at once and then end up with no clue what has a conflict with what cause I installed them within 5 mins of each other !

But I'm trying not too.

And I wouldn't post about something unless I was sure I knew of what was the issue.
    I mean whats the point otherwise ? It's basically just baby banging on the cot.

6. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

first, I use Macrium Reflect imaging software (imaging your hard drive).
    I had problems with ESET 4 that I could not fix. After weeks of all that I got fed up and I decided to restore an image of my Vista Business with nothing installed except updates and SP1.

I installed ESET V4. I did not have any problems at all, it worked as it should. So I installed all my software and it all went like a dream.

Some software is getting very complex nowadays and needs carefull setting up.

7. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

Well said trjam.
    Maybe it's the competition trying to discredit ESET.

I have NO problems with ESET and am running the latest version on Vista.
    I usually never touch the advanced settings. I wonder if the complaining people
    are fooling around with the settings when they don't know what they are doing.
    I would be one of those.
    So if you don't like what you are getting from ESET, go get Mcafee/Symantec
    and really suffer.

8. Temp Member

Temp Member Registered Member

I cannot believe this thread, seem the "Tinfoil Hat" Brigade are out in force again. :eek:

You really think the peeps here that are having major issues with buggy V4 are working for rivals ? o_O

Why should we jump through hoops to fault find for ESET, they should have did a beter job of the testing before rushing it out for a Tech Conference in Vegas. :rolleyes:

Sure there is multiple configs for any given PC but they should know and test this.

You simply do not test ESET on a clean Windows PC with no Drivers or Apps installed.

It has to work with a multitude other Drivers and Apps.

Hardware companies do not test a new GPU with 1 type of Mobo/CPU/RAM, they test 100's of possibly configurations. :)

Im really happy some are having zero issues but too many are having issues for it to be user error or their PC to blame as v3 is fine. ;)

We paid for RTM software not to Beta test it. :thumbd:

(Typos fixed now back on Vista+Spell checker) :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

TM, did I ever imply your issue isnt real. Did I say my advice would work for all. I took the time to read your posts and it is clear you have a issue. Did I ever say use a clean PC with no drivers installed, and as far as apps I was referring to other security software.

I dont have a tin-hat, just a lot of straw stuffed in my clothes.

10. Temp Member

No you never stated so and it was not said specifically to me but its down to ESET to fix not the paying end users.

The same as I never specified it was said by you but simply in this thread.

Fixed Typos

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  11. silverfox55

silverfox55 Registered Member

Still comes back to the same point

It should work "Straight out of the Box" which it does not. If you wish to go through software testing then do it, personally I do it for a living and as such do not want to do it in my own time as well. Please do not knock people who report problems here because it does not work out of the box as advertised.

12. The PIT

The PIT Registered Member

LOL what a silly thread.

Got news for you we're not beta testers. If I was a beta tester yup I'd agree with you.

The product should work out of the box as it's no longer beta.

Imagine having to do this for every piece of software every driver update you install. Which is basically what you're saying.

13. Temp Member

:thumb:

14. Temp Member

:thumb:

15. StoneDog

StoneDog Registered Member

+1 .... could not be more true :cool:
    //Dog (always goin' down the BETA route :cautious: )

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

silverfox, I didnt knock anyone and nothing works right out of the box for a 100 percent of users. If it does, I will buy it.

This thread is silly? I can show you quite a few here that make this look tame.

17. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

You took the words right out of my mouth. Even the lastest build of .424 is a poor example of OOB.

If I had to do all that as described I would have to be paid to be a beta tester, which is probably the main reason I would never be a beta tester, too many volunteers with too much time on their hands or who are already financially well off to care about getting paid. Wait 24 hours for this, wait another 24 hours for that, wait still another 24 hours for something else. I could waste at least whole week just to test one particular piece of software. And not get paid for it? Get real.

I've spent so much time in trying to iron out the issues that I'm experiencing with ESS 4.0 just so that I can get my Ghost Image Library built back up again. As much as an improvement has been made with the new .424 build there is one little minor issue that ESET hasn't got quite worked out yet. I'm not going to start building up my Ghost Library again which would be including ESS only to have to restore all the different Ghost Images I plan to have, only to have to uninstall/reinstall ESS on all of them when ESET finally gets everything resolved.

I started coming in and using this Forum on March 23, 2009. It's now been a whole month that I have had to put a hold on getting my whole system back the way I would like it. I've spent a great deal of time researching all the details as to why I was having problems with ESS 4.0. I've put up with all crap from both people in this Forum and ESET's Customer Care just to get my issue across and dealt with. I should be paid for all the work that I did. I've spent all this time and effort dealing with something ESET should have dealt with long before I came along.

I don't appreciate being made a voluntary guinea pig because ESET can't manage the proper beta testing of their software before they offer it as a full release. This is probably thee most serious gripe I have with ESET the company. Pretty underhanded if you ask me.

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Let me splain things, a little better. This my thread, if you think it is silly, stay the hell out of it. Now, fer the record I never said Eset isnt having issues or that some of you, well, maybe a few of you, or just one of you, is having issues. And yes, you do have the right to come here and post it. But by God, I also have the right to come here and post how well it is working for me. And if you have a issue with that, tuff titty.:mad:

19. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

Awww....don't cry. We still love you:-*

I thought this thread was your explanation as to how we all should approach installing and using ESS. From what you wrote for the thread opener we should all be going about installing and using ESS as if it were a Beta. That is what it sounds like to me.

Nevermind how perfectly your system might work with ESS (congradulations anyways). Heck, if I wasn't such a stickler for perfection I would have blown off the issues that I was having with the Application popups a month ago and I would have never come to this forum at all.

20. Temp Member

It may be your thread on a ESET forum for ANY members/customers but if you cannot handle a difference of opinion then you possibly should not make threads here. ;)

21. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Oh, I been making threads here a long time, and will continue. I think some of you loathe the fact that Eset Version 4 works for just about all and you just cant stand it. Have you tried rebooting. Lol

22. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

This thread is not productive, so it's now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.