You should be contacted within 48 hours !!?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pot2pan, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pot2pan

pot2pan Registered Member

System state backup is not working for me with the latest build of TI Home 2009 (it finds 4 files in C:\windows\system32\config locked -I think they are the registry- and they have to be skipped).

I contacted Customer Service on the 26th of January, 3 weeks ago now. All I have received in reply is an automatically generated email reply telling me to look up the support knowledge base and not to submit my request more than once. There is nothing about this in the knowledge base, and no reply from support.

Two questions:
    - Does support reply to queries? Or does one have to purchase "priority support" to get some attention?

- Does System State backup work in TI 2009? Or does it always baulk at the registry?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. Skytrooper

Skytrooper Registered Member

Acronis e-mail support is lamentably often slow ... and you wouldn't be the first person to never get contacted.

Have you tried Acronis Live Chat? It took me all of ten seconds to establish a dialogue with Acronis Support using that method.

3. pot2pan

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll get equipped for this (purchase cheap mike+earphones) and try them.

4. Skytrooper

Skytrooper Registered Member

Mike + earphones? o_O To communicate with Acronis Live Chat, you don't need them. Once connected, just use your keyboard to type your comments where indicated and read their responses on your monitor.

5. GSimard

GSimard Registered Member

Live Chat is nothing magical. The lone session I had with a Live Chat attendant earlier this week confirmed that Acronis support is just like any other technical support located in off-shore/best-shore countries ... entry level people with limited technical skills who follow scripted procedures.

If your problem lies too far from the "reboot", "re-install", "download and try this ISO file" solutions, then you may have to live with your TI problem. The users community in this forum always provide better technical support that Acronis themselves.

The clerk I contacted on Live Chat last Tuesday (4 days ago) told me he would research my problem and send me an email with a solution. I'm still waiting on that email.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pot2pan,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Can you please download the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (9709) from your account (My Account -> Registered Products) and test it first.

If the issue persists ccntact Acronis support via Live Chat

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

7. pot2pan

Thanks Dmitry,
    I am not just "interested in Acronis True Image" (your words). I purchased it with the intention of using it. "System State backup" is a function that I would use if it worked.

As I mentioned in my first post, the issue with "System State" is with the latest build (9709). It was with the previous one as well.

As there has been no reply for a month to my original support request, I'll follow your suggestion and try live chat.

8. pot2pan

Here is the transcript of my Live Chat exchange.
    I have removed the name of the live-chat support person to protect the poor hapless soul. He is shown as "Support", or ***** in the transcript below.

~Private communications removed. See the TOS.~

Amusing? not really.
    I have made some sort of progress as I now know that I have no way of obtaining help from Acronis.

My next step will be to start a new thread in the forums asking if anyone has got System State backup working in TI 2009.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
  9. pot2pan

As there was NOTHING! private in the transcript, and that the name of the support person and mine had been removed, I would find it hard to believe that the decision to remove the transcript is anything else than to avoid showing an amusing example of the technical incompetence of the live chat support.

In other words: censorship for commercial reasons.

10. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

No actually, if you check the throughout the forum, you'll find that it has always been our position that private communications are just that, private. We do not allow the posting of any private communications here unless all parties involved in that communication approve of it being posted publicly. The TOS states that specifically, as it applies everywhere on this forum not just in these vendor sections...

Regardless of what's in a private communication, it will always be removed. Favorable or non-favorable to the parties involved, does not matter.

11. pot2pan

OK then, I accept that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.