you need to upgrade SpywareBlaster,,heres why !!!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by kissbaby, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kissbaby

kissbaby Registered Member

todays date 6-30-09

ok , you need to upgrade SpywareBlaster now.

firefox 3.5 final just rolled out.

why i'm saying this?.

well when i upgraded from Firefox 3.0.11 to
    firefox 3.5 final this morning around 9am ,

i noticed that when i opened SpywareBlaster , it now said that there is now 230 un-protected items in firefox , when before i upgraded it said every thing was fine. so i thought it was because of that i upgraded to the new firefox 3.5 final.

so i just re-did the protection, then today when i got home , i went online and started using the now new firefox,, guess what?.

i got curious and opened up SpywareBlaster to see if every thing was ok,, No nothing is ok,,it went back to saying that there is now 230 un-protected items in firefox (again).

well i i redid the immunize process again , waited 30 minutes and i open firefox to as to surf, and closed the firefox browser and SpywareBlaster said the same thing.

you need to work on the SpywareBlaster program again so that it is compatible with the new firefox 3.5 final version.

your program is now out-dated.

Attached Files:

2. kissbaby

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I upgraded to Firefox 3.5 & SpywareBlaster seems fine to me. I don't know why this is happening to your computer.

5. kissbaby

some one suggested that its a firefox profile problem, hmmm how does one fix that?.

i want to thank all those who replied back to me.

6. kissbaby

-------------------
    yep it was a firefox profile problem. i had to create a new profile in firefox.
    now every thing is fine.

the other forum told me how to fix it , by providing me a link on how to do it.
    worked like a charm.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=320487#post320487

here are the link.
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager

it worked for me, only do this if you had the same problem when you upgraded to the new firefox

7. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

(As said in post #9 from the Spybot forum linked to in the post above) you don't need to create a new profile if you are having the problem with SpywareBlaster's Firefox protections having 230 items disabled. Just make sure you don't have "Site Preferences" selected as part of the recent history you allow Firefox to clear for you. If that item is selected you will not only lose some of SpywareBlasters protection but also the settings for any sites that you yourself have either set up to allow or block cookies.

Attached Files:

8. kissbaby

--------
    also when you go to clear history from firefox, you need to take the check mark out of site "Site Preferences" , if u dont it will also do the same thing.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.