You couldn't make it up........

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by eyes-open, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

Picture an outraged Tuttle (Oklahoma) City Manager Jerry Taylor when instead of seeing his beloved City site - he was faced with a CentOS Testpage. The cable company that used to host the site had crashed and as a result of the rebuild caused the City site to revert to the default LinuxOS testpage.

Apache HTTP Server Test

Now dear Jerry aghast at this apparant defacement of his beloved site, appears to have taken this unexpected event to be an assault by an uber cracker.

Certainly he wasn't going to let this attack on the heartland go unmet ......... and so the race to make a total prat of himself began.

"Unless this software is removed I will file a complaint with the FBI."

So please - if you need a giggle or a sigh - grab a drink and a biscuit, then click on the link above, where the full transcript of the e-mails between Jerry and Johnny Hughes the OS lead developer is there for all to see.

It's classic http://img116.exs.cx/img116/1231/z7shysterical.gif

2. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Beautiful...e-o,

It's not the same thing we were doin to Wai Wai though! I'll bet you he passed his test!!

Dumb an Dumber in Dumfernline, Duly ed

3. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

hehe - yep, Wai_Wai very quickly realised exactly what was being served and how to respond .......... looks like this fellow Jerry lost his head.

I understand help was at hand tho'....

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.