You "Cloud" people.....

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by GaryRW, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

Just noticed that if I do a "cloud" program (simple IPNetInfo utility from Nirsoft) that the firewall asks for approval each time. Apparently it's because a new copy is d/l'd each time into a temp directory and the firewall assumes it's a new program, which is a reasonable default. I'm in Interactive now after a week of Learn & Automatic.

So you "Cloud'ers" check out your own wares and see if yours acts the same. I see some kind of certificate or MDS check for authorization a solution option.

2. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

Yes, I know the file will be checked when opened so it's safe.....but still.....

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello GaryRW,

Are you using V4? In V4 you can set the firewall to Learning mode while you perform the operations that you wish to be allowed and then set it back to automatic mode and the rules will be created for you. It may work trying this. If not or if you're not using V4, I can look into another solution to this.

Thank you,
    Richard

4. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

Yes, ESSv4. I did the Learning/Automatic/Interactive things. Rules get created. The issue is duplicate rules get created each time the program is started after the d/l because it's run from a temp location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.