YlmF OS - Ni Hao!

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

Open-source winds from the Orient. A review of YlmF OS, a Chinese Ubuntu-based Linux distribution designed primarily to look like Windows XP, with topics covered including live session, installation, programs, multimedia support - Flash, MP3, Windows video, usability, some problems, and more!

A very interesting and unique project with a non-standard goal: enabling Linux through Windows. Do take a look.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/ylmf.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Ni How ma.....thank you very much, this will be a must have for those who are transitioning from Windows and are afraid of the different layout of desktop Linux like Gnome and KDE.

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

4. linuxforall

5. cet

cet Registered Member

As a new user of Linux,all I would say is that Ubuntu should look like Ubuntu and Windows should look like Windows.As I left using windows I never look back and I love the better look of Ubuntu.I think the original is always the better.

6. linuxforall

This is what I would like to hear from all new users of Ubuntu, that means in that case, Ubuntu has done its job.

7. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

i agree with cet linux should look like linux if guys who are switching form linux they should try mint its most easiest linux any one ever used

but YlmF OS is hight loool :D

because you really need it feel like cheated to both linux and xp and make something funny to cheat on your grandparents by telling them to use it :argh:

yes its best solution for window stubborn's you can make the use linux without telling them.............hehehe :thumb:

nice review mrk

hope to see your review on mint linux 9 and papermintos soon

8. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

What kind of download speeds did you get, Mrk? I just tried to download the new version (10.04) but 26 to 35kB/sec was the best I could muster (3 to 4 hours...:eek: ). Oh well...maybe later.

Nice review...as usual.

Later...

9. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

The server is not available at the moment, probably overloaded.
    Well, I see what gives in the coming days.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.