Yikes! Macrium Reflect held me hostage!

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ratchet, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

All of the good things I've been reading about MR the past two weeks compelled me to ditch W7's own backup. I always considered it not very intuitive, and decided to put MR images on the drive I was using for W7's. So I searched a 20% off coupon and purchased it. This afternoon I made the boot CD and then later added it to the boot menu. That was a mistake! My PC went to sleep and when I went to wake it the illuminated keyboard lit up but the monitor would only briefly render "No HDMI signal."
    Then the fun (not) began. First I tried a different HDMI cable, then different display port types and finally a different monitor, all with the same result. By now I'm thinking nuked motherboard. I finally forced the PC off (I was kind of trying to avoid that) while connected to an alternate monitor. I booted and the monitor had life.
    I had noticed that after I enabled the MR boot menu that it loaded it automatically at each boot as opposed to F8 access. I restored an AX64 image I had made earlier in the day and all is well again. For whatever reason after the machine went into sleep it would not wake with the MR boot option enabled! Also, I opened up MR and it is telling me to make a boot CD, which I already did and had tested it. Should I make a new one or just check "Don't remind me again?" Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.