Yes, I screwed it up, now what?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aeallison, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aeallison

aeallison Registered Member

I know those of you that read this post are going to get a real laugh out of this one...

Yesterday morning I downloaded the trial version of True Image (15 day timer) I spent most of the day preparing my new computer for migration of my OS to a newer, but smaller, Hard drive. It has eluded me thus far in creating a clone of my drive even though I was told by the chat support it would do the job. I was getting the "Partition Information has changed" error from within windows. I just now saw the post where someone else had the same problem and managed to get it working using the bootable cd. I myself had decided to try that very same experiment when by some stupid, ignorant turn of fate I noticed my BIOS clock was set on year 2002. Without a single thought of what might happen I changed the date and rebooted. I was horrified and embarrassed at the same time to find that a whole day was wasted because my 15 day trial version is now 4 years old and expired.

So now what?

2. bcool2

bcool2 Registered Member

crack open the piggy bank...

(seriously, sorry to hear of your mishap. :'( )

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aeallison,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Provide the information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will try to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. aeallison

aeallison Registered Member

:cautious: I was afraid of that....

yeah it was a stupid move. I was very tired and not thinking straight.

Tatyana, thank you for the response. I really think this is what I am / have been looking for quite some time now. I hope we can resolve this. I am an ebay seller of fine junk... lol and am waiting to sell some of it, when I do I will purchase the full version. You have all been very helpful.

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Check your PM.

6. whocrazy

whocrazy Registered Member

Now, if you could just try on this clown costume.....

7. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

aeallison,

May be you could try to set the BIOS clock back to 2002 and try to use the trial once again.

Kento.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.