Yandex browser

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Windows_Security, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NormanF mentioned Yandex in the Opera thread

It also checks downloads with kapersky engine. It also uses its own phising protection (taking the economy of scale and user base into account, google's safe browsing should be better, have not tested it though).

Anyone using it, looks nice.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

I use it. There have been some improvements. You can now choose your search engine and you can theme the tableau background. Its basically the Google Chromium browser optimized for the Russian market. Mrkvonic did a review of it awhile back.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Has anyone seen that Kaspersky engine in action? Tried a bit of testing, but not a peep once I allow the Chrome unknown/unsafe download prompt.

Tableau is a deal-breaker anyways, so I haven't kept it. Does seem to apply "--force-fieldtrials="NewMenuStyle/Compact2/"" by default though.

5. NormanF

Tableau is akin to Opera's Speed Dial - you can pin a list of favorite sites by tiles in the browser and go to one by just clicking on it. Yandex should sue Microsoft for ripping off the "live tile" concept. I think they used it first and Microsoft copied them. Metro looks awfully a lot like Tableau. It would make for an interesting court case! :thumb:

6. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

It is a great browser, bigger font and icons, the downside is, that it crashes a lot (like 5 times a day), probably due to Chrome extensions, using CCleaner fixes it temporarily.

7. PRUHDG

PRUHDG Registered Member

I downloaded the exe file and realize its not really installing but downloads behind the scene I got rid of it I hate software that does that.

8. NormanF

Since its based on Chrome, Yandex will support most Chrome extensions. Those extensions it does NOT support simply won't be installed.

9. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I will check this one out just for fun. I´m also curious about Sleipnir. ;)

But just by looking at the website and the so called "simple interface", I can already tell, it´s probably crap. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.