Yahoo will encrypt between data centers, use SSL for all sites

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by ronjor, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader Registered Member

Finally! Yahoo is the most spam infested e-mail service around.

3. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

It is finally time, yes. I do wonder though if they will be able to reverse the reputation damage they have sustained.

4. RollingThunder

RollingThunder Registered Member

While I concur that it is absolutely time for such a move I have to wonder about large corporations that will only answer security concerns when the population becomes in such an uproar that they are forced to respond or risk losing reputation and thus business. In other words don't be awed that Yahoo is suddenly making this type of a security move. They would be incredibly far sighted if they did not given the current climate. What would have been more impressive is if they hadn't gotten into bed with the NSA in the first place (despite their denials). What would have been far more impressive is if they had taken lengths to safeguard customer data more vigilantly. I am glad it is happening, but I am not impressed with a company that only does something proactive when it is forced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.