Yahoo Mail, Bad Oath Terms, have to accept before IMAP works?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by NDSNDS, Sep 24, 2018.

1. NDSNDS

NDSNDS Registered Member

A bit late (argh) to the party re: reviewing the new Yahoo Mail / Oath terms, good motivation to *finally* ditch my account from late 90s. I'm that rare Yahoo Mail account that's actually *paid* (personal), so I'd sorta expected I'd be able to connect via IMAP as I used to and download all my legacy email, prior to dropping the account. Tried via Thunderbird, doesn't work. Checked the Yahoo Mail docs, and there's a small blurb about `have to accept new T&C to use IMAP'. Any other folks run into this, know a way around it? Seems surprising that for a paid service, they can require you to accept T&C before continuing to allow existing functionality to keep working.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/new-mail-for-desktop/download-email-yahoo-mail-third-party-sln28681.html

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I haven't used my Yahoo in years. Can you imagine the list left to fester I dealt with today?

Helpful clue: Type in Yahoo Mail SEARCH BOX is:unread and delete the whole collection at once. All thousands of them LoL

I passed on that new terms via Oath thingy. Just use it to access FLICKR and receive forum notices etc. anyway.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.