Yahoo! Anti-Spy

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by A1SteakSauce, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A1SteakSauce

A1SteakSauce Registered Member

With it's lightning fast scan it makes me wonder... Does it really have a good scanning engine? Also I ask the same question about Bazooka Antispyware.

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Unless something has changed at Yahoo....I question the validity of this tool. If you have a Yahoo account, at least a "My Yahoo" page(s). Read their Privacy Statement. More specifically the reference to a "super cookie". You may opt out of it however if you find it (the cookie) objectionable.

Have not used Bazooka for quit some time. I to questioned the speed\depth of the scan. Never followed up on my questions..... I really believe it only dose a "surface scan" of the very basic places spyware may be found. Not intended as an indepth scanner.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Bazooka is a legitimate scanner.
    If Bazooka detects something it's usually a serious threat, but it has a very small definition database (500-600), which explains the fast scanning time and it doesn't remove threats, because you have to remove them manually based on instructions from the Kephyr website.
    This is quite some time ago, so you better check it out.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I will say atleast I will never even try them( i had both on my system in past). While using many other good free options, they are not needed at all except if u just want to collect dozens of scanners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.