YaBB MYSQL thingy...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by `mishimasan`, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. `mishimasan`

`mishimasan` Registered Member

I am looking into different types of BB forums, and I really like the functionality with YaBB but I was wondering - due to previous experiences I want to know if its possible to remove entirely the MYSQL database and place it into a newly installed forum. Basically, with the previous forums that I used, there was a big internal problem and it was causing the forums to operate erratically. I wanted to remove the couple of years worth of posts and data stored on the forums, but I was having problems figuring out how to do this, and a few people told me that the data would be rendered obsolete because the links to the posts and data would be illegal once installed on the new forums. Is this true? The forums I used were the Invision Power Board forums.

It would be really nice to back up your MYSQL database on a regular basis into a compressed file on the webserver, then clean out the forums with a full reinstallation every now and again, even though its not generally done on a large scale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.