XPCOM:Event Receiver

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pepim, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepim

pepim Registered Member

Hi I am a new member and have a question.
    Every time I shut down my pc, there is an errorreport: XPCOM:Event Receiver.
    I already uninstalled and installed Firefox with registry cleaning, but that didn't solve the problem. Uninstalling all my software and reinstalling it didn't work either.
    Even a format C didn't do the job.
    The error disappears after a while, but when I install or uninstall anything it's back again.
    Does anybody know a solution?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hello Pepim, and Welcome to the Forum's! :)

If an xpcom.dll error is included in the report, look here and see if this resolves it for you ....

xxxx://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1124586371
    Swap the x's with http, I'm having a little annoyance of my own. :D

Edit : An additional page for anyone interested in getting more out of FF ....

xxxx://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

GF

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  3. pepim

pepim Registered Member

Thank you GlobalForce, but I don't think the link you gave me will solve my problem.
    In that topic it's a matter of xpcom.dll, and I have a xpcom event receiver, correct me if I'm wrong.
    I only have this error when I shut down the pc (still annoying, that's why I ask this question).
    When I look in task manager, with all firefoxwindows closed, I see firefox still running. I have the latest version, but with earlier versions I also had this error.

4. pepim

pepim Registered Member

It's a pity nobody seems to have a solution.
    I have this error since half a year and I don't think I will get rid of it. I already considered using IE again, but that would be a stupid thing to do, I know.
    Well I am quite unique to be one of the few in the world with this error, but I don't like being unique in this way. :(
    Just wondered if there is a firefoxclone, let's say a firefox lite? If so, is it as safe as firefox?

5. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

There is normal mozilla which is pretty much the same security wise as Firefox.

6. pepim

pepim Registered Member

Hi, thanks Anthony1uk for your suggestion! I will try mozilla.

7. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Pepim,

I've spent some time searching this particular issue without much success.
    Though I have no clue if or how the following may have been ascertained, one poster's suspicion from BetaNews ....
    Based on the comment, I can only guess the problem lies somewhere within FF's rendering architecture. I came across a FireFox Hack's book available from O'Reilly.com that offer's some free sample chapter's, I'm sure any of which searched independently would provide further information ....

xxxx://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/ht/133

In addition, an exhaustive "programmer oriented" type page covering all aspect's ....

xxxx://mb.eschew.org/contents.php

GF

8. pepim

pepim Registered Member

Thanks again for your links GlobalForce and you trying to help me out,
    but it won't solve my problem either :( .
    I tried firefox in safe mode, but that didn't change anything. I give up and will try Mozilla.
    I know there is an option for only installing the browser, so I'll do that.
    I think the error, in this case, is due to a firefox-software/driver conflict, but which software/driver I don't know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.