xp x64 returnil equivalent

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by markymoo, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

I'm now running x64 xp because theres some serious issues with x64 vista file copying taking forever even timing out. Is there any returnil, shadow defender, keyscrambler equivalent for x64? Rollback Rx works on x64.

vista memory problem

The problem can be clearly seen when a user tries to copy 16,400 files or smaller groups of files that add up to 16,400 between reboots.After you get the 'Out of Cheese' message you will also suffer from menus and tabs disappearing within the Windows environment and even reboots and BSODs are reported.The problem occurs where users are running Kaspersky security products, but it is not the software that is causing the problem. Other software also suffers but it seems that the Kaspersky software shows the error in its full glory.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  2. fce

fce Registered Member

Re: xp x64 reuturnil equivalent

you can schedule RollbackRx to rollback system to previous/latest snapshot everytime you restart your PC. This work almost the same as Returnil.

what version of Kasp you are using?

what previous AV you have? (and how did you uninstall it?)

PS.
    Kaspersky IS7 work charm in my lappyyy. I have the same problem with you, the culprit is uninstalling pre-loaded Norton AV (need to use NAV uninstaller)

3. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

I just tried deep freeze standard it works on x64 just fine. The fun came when trying to take it off. I think i needed to set a password before i put it into thaw mode. Instead i used rollback rx to go back to a previous snapshot without it in seconds. Theres no website description that it works on x64. I think Drive Vaccine who make Rollback Rx will probably work for x64 too.

I was running latest kaspersky 7.0.0.125 i now taken it off and using nod32 ss 3.0 beta as its a lighter footprint. There's some serious issues wrong with vista. I use x64 to take advantage of the speed gain with chess engines.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.