XP Updates Fail Until ESS Disabled

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by COSMO26, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

There were 2 XP Updates and an IE7 Update this a.m. that failed twice Until I Dis-abled the FW and AV (Malicious Tool Update Did Load). Will be interesting to see if anyone else experiences the same. My last Windows updates were 1/23 & the AV, Update, and FW Modules have ben updated since then - wouldn't know which to blame - If Any. FYI

2. nickster_uk

nickster_uk Registered Member

Is your firewall set to automatic or interactive mode and is there any rules set to block svchost.exe?

3. COSMO26

I'm Auto FW & forgot to say so.
    This may be a single instance but i thought I'd go ahead and post since we've had some Module Updates and I've never had a problem prior with Win Updates.

4. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

I have installed those updates and had no problems at all. ESS was running in Interactive mode.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I have installed the new updates on all our computers . Different machines using different Windowses , using EAV,ESS,NOD32 and had no problems.

@COSMO26

Perhaps you could check your Windows Update logs

6. COSMO26

Thanks for the Update.log suggestion - hardly knew of it. The two errors are in prior posts all over Google-land ( 0x80072EE7 and 0x8024402C ) and one thought was ["So this could point to either an error in the SUSServer (which should be listed higher in the log file when the service starts) or a DNS issue".] -- but one poster siad when he Disabled Norton Firewall, the download worked when all other hi-tech tricks did not - just as with me.

There's no point in hashing this out for one guy; I'll wait til next time and try a post in WindowsUpdate if issue persists. Many thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.