XP SP2 problems

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by SimonW, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Hi there,
    Just rebuilt my laptop - XP, then SP2, then LnS, then LnS service

However, under 'Advanced Options' the DLL's button is now greyed out.

If I uninstall the service, the the DLL button is available again...but re-install as a service and back to greyed out

Also it is not saving the application list so at startup I have to accept/deny each one again. While doing this I saw the strangest named app - the icon for it was a ? in a white box, and the application path was just listed as <system>
    with no drive path at all ?!

Any advice would be appreciated
    Simon

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

The first problem (DLL button greyed) is a known issue with LnSSvc and XP-SP2. This will be fixed with the 2.05p2, since the problem has been investigated with some other users having the same issue.

For the second issue (strange app name) no idea yet. Never seen that before, I don't know if it could be a consequence of the first issue. Maybe.

Don't forget to remove the Automatic Start of Look 'n' Stop when using LnSSvc (in the options the Automatic Start selection must be on None).

Regards,

Frederic

3. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Thanks Frederic,

For the time being I will run without the service as everything seems to behave ok.

Any idea when 2.05p2 will be available?

The strange app name is very odd indeed, as I indicated - this is a clean install, so it is unlikely that anything has got in yet - I'm behind a router/firewall even when Look'n'Stop isn't running. The icon was a black question mark in a white hexagonal box, no app name, and the Application Filtering tab showed <system> where normally the path would appear...

Regards
    Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.