XP SP2 like firewall for Win2k Laptop

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by NGRhodes, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Hi

I am going to be out and about with a works laptop (win 2k), demoing websites, off local IIS (so will need to enable iis to listen), I would like a simple firewall, like sp2, mainly inbound protection, not really bothered about application filtering last time I used Kerio 2.1.5, is there any alternatives, free trial (will only be for a few weeks) or free ?

2. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Kaspersky's anti hack is quite easy... try it!

3. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Cheers, yes its nice, like the easy option to turn stealth on/off (works a treat in lan/out of office).

Anything else out there ?

4. Arup

Arup Guest

If inbound and stealth is all you need, nothing comes close to CHX from www.idrci.net It is free for personal use and all you have to do is download their WAN filter and import it in the CHX console for your connection. The mem consumption is lower than 3mb and CPU is almost nil, you get total stealth at all the sites, there is no outbound though but you can create outbound port specific block filters to block Trojans and Worms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.