xp slow shutdown problems ??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bigc73542, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If anyone is having a slow shutdown problem with XP you might want to try ShutDownPro. It will turn my XP machine off in five seconds. I have used it for a while and there doesn't seem to be any down side. You might want to save any work seeing as how it shuts down so fast.

you can get it here

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  2. slim30097

slim30097 Registered Member

Thanks for the tip - will give it a try. I too have experienced some slow shutdown moments. I also like some of the other features - been using Absolute Control but this looks far superior, all the AC features & more.

Will let you know later after a few test drives. I love trying out new freeware & don't mind the extra cleaning involved.

Slim

3. slim30097

slim30097 Registered Member

Downloaded it - am very happy. This is just what I have been looking for. Thanks again.

Take a look at ServiceView (if you haven't already) as an alternative to Admin Tools/Services. It's a nice little utility for checking services configs, current status & allows editing as well. It also has a seperate function for displaying your drivers & their status. It will come in handy when Black Viper comes out with a new services config for SP2. It is also located on Snapfiles site - Freeware/System Utilities/Misc Utilities.

Take care,

Slim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.