XP Problem on Download of Updates

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Zitomj, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zitomj

Zitomj Guest

Twice now I had the program lock up after it was unable to download updates from the internet. The first time I reinstalled and it worked for another day.. I am on cable modem 24/7. The programs work without issue for one day but will not work the next day. After I reinstall I am able to download updates..

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Which program are you talking about? Several are covered in this forum section.

So, it'll update fine after install, but not a day later? I guess the question becomes what happens during the course of that day. For example, another person found that updates of SpywareBlaster started failing after a cleanup was done by a registry cleaning product:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=20818

We've also seen firewalls get in the way of updates. What error do you get exactly once it can't update any longer?

3. zitomj

zitomj Guest

spyblaster..... saw a post above about fixes and that may do it trying SpywareGaurd now without issue

4. zitomj

zitomj Guest

the program locks up while trying to get the download... mentions firewall but I do not have one... or says maybe server is down... I have to do an end program to get rid of it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.