XP Pro frequent crashes

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by Legionaire, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legionaire

Legionaire Registered Member

My computer crashes on average four times a day. Sometimes the crash occurs while I am using the computer, usually in MS Word with the consequential loss of the work. More often it crashes while I am away from the computer. When I return, I find a notice on the screen stating..The computer has recovered from a serious error. I file an error report and the response is Driver Error but the driver cannot be identified. I have disconnected everything I can think of, found new drivers on the web and installed them, but the crashes continue. Some of the error reports attribute the failure to memory, On the advice of a person on another forum, I downloaded Hijack This, ran a scan and am posting it here in the hope of getting help.
    Being a first time user of this forum, I ask forgiveness if I am in the wrong place.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
    Scan saved at 7:52:21 PM, on 15/04/2004
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\Tmntsrv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\tmproxy.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\PccPfw.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\pccguide.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\PCClient.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TMOAgent.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
    C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S10IC2.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\HistoryKill\histkill.exe
    C:\Program Files\Chameleon Clock\ChamClock.exe
    C:\Program Files\Nikon\NkView6\NkvMon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Broderbund\Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Deluxe 15\minimavis.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe
    C:\Program Files\HistoryKill\hkPopupKiller.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
    C:\DOCUME~1\Larry\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX01.828\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] "C:\Program Files\WordPerfect Office 11\Programs\QFSCHD110.EXE"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\pccguide.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCClient.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\PCClient.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TM Outbreak Agent] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TMOAgent.exe" /run
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zBrowser Launcher] C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioEngineUtility] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\System\EngUtil.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus Photo 825] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S10IC2.EXE /P22 "EPSON Stylus Photo 825" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus Photo 825"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HistoryKill] C:\Program Files\HistoryKill\histkill.exe /startup
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HomeAlarm] C:\Program Files\Chameleon Clock\ChamClock.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
    O4 - Global Startup: NkvMon.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Nikon\NkView6\NkvMon.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Personal Coach.lnk = ?
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
    O16 - DPF: {3AF4DACE-36ED-42EF-9DFC-ADC34DA30CFF} (PatchInstaller.Installer) - file://E:\content\include\XPPatchInstaller.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{C0F34388-3BB7-454D-9287-088722D67660}: NameServer = 198.164.4.2 198.164.30.2

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Legionaire,

I see nothing obvious in your log that should be causing any problems. Your log looks clean to me.

Regards,
    Kent

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Legionaire

Bad Memory can will cause sudden crash's and Bsod.

Have you tested you Memory[Ram]? if not here is a link to Mircosoft Memory Tester.

You will what it to show no errors if it does show errors bump up the voltage abit.

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Always usefull to have.
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.