XP Machines Lock Up

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Fozzie Bear, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Registered Member

I support the IT infrastructure in our local Village Hall which is a charity. We have three PCs which are free to use by the local community to access the internet. They are all Windows XP Proff SP3 with Office 2010, IE8 and Skype installed.
    I originally installed Windows Steady State which worked fine for most users but we had problems printing so looked for an alternative. Returnil System Safe free 2011 was recommended so I reimaged the PCs and installed Returnil.
    Unfortunately we are now getting lockups of the systems. It can be any application but primary use is Internet explorer. When they lock up the only way to get out of it is to do a hard shut down with the power button.
    Is this a known issue and is there anything I can do to resolve it. I have read of some users rolling back to 2010 versions
    the build number of the version installed is Version3.2.12918.5857-Rel14
    Many thanks
    Fozzie

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply ColdMoon. Have been round to the hall and collected logs from two of the three pcs which I have emailed to Tech Support. I forgot to mention that the PCs also have MS Security Essentials installed but I have not enabled Virus Guard in RSS.

Regards
    Fozzie

4. Coldmoon

Hi Fozzie,
    Support indicates they have the logs and the information from this thread. I will post back as soon as I know something and the team will reply to your support inquiry as soon as possible.

Note: there may be a delay in the reply due to time differences with our development/QC team and the weekend schedules.

Mike

5. Coldmoon

One note I forgot to add in the last reply: There is no issue using the RSS Virus Guard and Microsoft's Security Essentials at the same time and the combination has been shown to be compatible in our testing as well as with user feedback from those using the set up.

Mike

6. Coldmoon

Hi,
    I have an update and the support team notes they have sent a request for additional information. What is known at the moment is that there is some type of driver conflict happening on the systems involved, but what drivers is not clear.

Do you have a file named MEMORY.DMP in C:\Windows on any of the computers effected? If not, please configure the systems to create the dump and then let us know. The file will be too large to send via e-mail attachment so we will send you credentials to our server for FTP upload.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.