xp installatoin problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sach1000rt, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sach1000rt

sach1000rt Registered Member

my friend purchased hp dv9000 series laptop few days ago which ships with vista. as he dont want to use vista we tried to install xp,during installation it asks to install sata drivers from external usb floppy drive which he dont have,
    any one know other methods to install it ?
    i searched and found that it can be done by slipstreaming the drivers in xp cd using nlite.but its not 100% sure. another way is to disable sata from bios settings, but in this laptop that option is not there.
    so please anyone have other ways or ideas to install xp cause we dont like vista to take all the memory up as we have some heavy works to do.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Probably all he needs is the standard Windows drivers on the CD

4. sach1000rt

problem is xp is not detecting hard disk. so we have to install sata drive first using usb floppy drive which is hard to find in this area. so i found another way
    using super fdisk we can format the drive and then install xp using cd. someone mentioned about it that after formating using fdisk xp can recognize hdd. is that right?

5. sach1000rt

and another thing hp support is somewhat pressuring us to use vista only they are not taking that much consideration about this problem.I think now a days every laptop manufacturer are forcing users to use vista only.

6. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Is there an option to change the SATA settings from "Native/AHCI" to "Legacy/IDE"?

7. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Maybe this dual boot app. might help for a start-prior to uninstalling Vista
    herel
    If you format and XP is recognised,obviously it will install,unless somehow some sort of lock is in place to only recognise Vista

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.