XP hanged after installing eset smart securities 4.2.35

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by preferity, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preferity

preferity Registered Member

Dear friends please help me

I installed eset smart securities 4.2.35 yesterday and after restart it went fine like updated normaly.But when i open my laptop today it was not opening properly.
    the system got hanged after showing eset is turn off from security alert from windows.I forcefully restarted manytimes but the senario is same.so i'm not able to access my data and even can't uninstall the software.I don't want to format my computer.Please help me.

I'm useing XP media center edition with servicepack 3.

If you guys need more infornation please mention i'll provide,

Please please try to solve my problem.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can use the ESET uninstall tool to remove ESS completely. There's a newer version 4.2.40 downloadable from the ESET website, try installing it. Before you do so, please configure the system to generate kernel memory dumps per the instructions here so that you can generate a dump if the system freezes again.

Let us know if the issue was resolved with the latest build. Should the problem persist and you create a memory dump, I'll provide you with further instructions how to convey it to ESET for perusal.

3. preferity

Thank you marcos for replying.But i'm faceing the same problem with 4.2.40 also.I can only open my computer if i run in safemode.And in normal ways it got freeze after showing a security alert stating ess turn off.Is it any kind of problem with firewall?As this alert was showing with 4.0 version also but the symbol disappeared after few seconds.And now with 4.2 version system become freeze.

I'm not able to submit the memory dumb report file because i didn't find the path where it generates.i.e %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP

Can you please explain me how to generate that report?

4. preferity

no reply........o_O guys please help me.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What exact folder did you seek %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.