xp and upgrade of Zone Alarm?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by tomteeth, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomteeth

tomteeth Registered Member

Hello, Everyone. My computer would shutdown just great until yesterday when i upgraded my Zone Alarm to 3.125 and now my pc won't shutdown without me doing it manually! I click on "Turn Off Computer" and it seems like its going to shut down then all the Icons disappear and there is a Blank Screen, but it never shutsdown! I never had trouble with zone alarm before, but i cannot remember doing anything to this pc before this upgrade! Any Idea's would be appreciated, Tom

2. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

If all else fails try a system restore back to just before you upgraded.

3. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi tomteeth,
    I would do either a system restore or un-install Zone Alarm and then re- install. You didn't say if you had un-installed ZA in your post before you upgraded. ZA has problems sometimes if you just upgrade it. :mad:

4. tomteeth

Tinribs and

Loki

It seems i am now having trouble posting here for some reason, so here goes for the third time! I will try to uninstall and reinstall first, because i did not uninstall the first time. I will post back as soon as i can and let you know how i make out, Thanks Tom

5. tomteeth

Loki
    and Tinribs, Thank you Guys, very much, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it shutsdown great! Lucky i still had the .exe on the desktop (Pays not to delete them right away) Thank you again, Tom

6. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi Tomteeth,
    Glad that took care of your problem :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.