XP Activation

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by MrTeckie, Jul 5, 2017.

1. MrTeckie

MrTeckie Registered Member

I have XP Home installed in VMware. It has been a few weeks since I have run it. I decided to run it and I get am the message. "This copy of Windows must be activated...". I choose yes to activate it. I then get the activation box that says it is already activated. I had activated it when I first installed in months ago. I have never had a problem until now.

It won't let me log in. Is there a way to fix it without having to setup a new virtual machine and reinstalling my games and software? I have not made any changes to the VM and I am running it on the same host machine.

I have the virtual drives installed on a USB hard drive. The only changes I made was that I move the drive to a different port on my hub. Also, I updated to the newest version of VMware, but I did not run the VM at the time to make sure it was still working. I restored to the previous version of VMware, but it did not fix it?

Has anyone seen this problem and know what caused it? Is there a simple fix? Thanks.

2. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

3. imdb

imdb Registered Member

@Jo Ann
    he says he can't log in to windows.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Unfortunately I do not know the answer, but you should really use snapshots (or at least copy the VMDK file).

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member