XP/2K Lite released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by root, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. root

root Registered Member

Find it here!
    Want a thrill? Nice to have a little control over those things that Bill Gates doesn't want you to control.
    Only downside is you have to disable System files protection, but that doesn't bother me much.
    I made a fresh backup image and then installed it. Took about half the junk out including IE and OE.
    BYe-bye to about 95% of Windows exploits.
    I noticed a little increase in performance, but nothing as drastic as what 98 Lite did for you.
    Once you go thru the install routine and disable system files protection, then its just a matter of taking out what you don't want to keep. Everything is reversable if you change your mind later.
    No ability to do a clean install with it like 98 Lite had, but still it works a treat.

2. crockett

crockett Registered Member

Hi Root :)

How are you ?

I see you finally decided to give 2000Lite a try - in fact, I'm sure you just couldn't wait 'till the final version was released... :D

Any comment about your newly re-born system after a couple of days use ?! Just curious...

Is this soft as amazing as 98Lite is ?

I wonder if anyone has already tested it on WXp ?!...
    Not sure. Seems only a few of us do understand the power of this PCLite technology. Pity...

Rgds, Crockett :cool:

Attached Files:

3. crockett

crockett Registered Member

Not really a downside since you may just reactivate this function after customizing !? Or did I miss smthg ?

Rgds, Crockett :cool:

Attached Files:

4. root

root Registered Member

Hi Crockett. Shortly after I had installed 2KLite, my harddrive crashed. It was a mechanical thing, not related to software.
    Up to that point, 2KLite was ok. Not the big change you got in 98lite, but still some help.
    I may try it on my new XP computer after I get a backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.