XoftSpy 4.21 unchecking items?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by guitarelf, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarelf

guitarelf Registered Member

XoftSpy 4.21 appears to be unchecking ISTBar & Mirar in SpywareBlaster. Could these just be false positives?
    I've added the items to the ignore list in XoftSpy & scanned again, the items now remain checked in SWB.
    Have I done the right thing?
    I don't usually have problems with XoftSpy 4.21 finding FPs.
    Thanks in antis,
    Guitarelf. :)
    Should have also said: The items mentioned above were not found by Ad-AwareSE, SpyBotS&D, ZoneAlarm Pro, MS AntiSpyware.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Yes they are False Positives with a XoftSpy database dated prior to March 15th. If you update to the latest March 15th XoftSpy database(DB-162).... these are no longer Falsely flagged by XoftSpy. In fact they cleaned up a couple of other FP entries that I purposely keep in place just for this purpose of checking programs accuracies.

This is also similar to the AOL Spyware Remover FP problem you had a few months back in regards to the registry entry that program was flagging....which happens to be once again the location SpywareBlaster places it's Restricted Sites entries.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

Attached Files:

3. guitarelf

guitarelf Registered Member

Thanks very much for the comprehensive answer Bubba. Your reference to the earlier, similar problem gave added context. I now feel much more confident when dealing with FPs,
    Guitarelf. :) :thumb: :thumb:
    I've updated to DB 162, removed the two items from the ignore list, scanned again, checked SWB & all is well, bravo!!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I was hoping that would be the case :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.