XoftSpy 4.21 unchecking items?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by guitarelf, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarelf

guitarelf Registered Member

XoftSpy 4.21 appears to be unchecking ISTBar & Mirar in SpywareBlaster. Could these just be false positives?
    I've added the items to the ignore list in XoftSpy & scanned again, the items now remain checked in SWB.
    Have I done the right thing?
    I don't usually have problems with XoftSpy 4.21 finding FPs.
    Thanks in antis,
    Guitarelf. :)
    Should have also said: The items mentioned above were not found by Ad-AwareSE, SpyBotS&D, ZoneAlarm Pro, MS AntiSpyware.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Yes they are False Positives with a XoftSpy database dated prior to March 15th. If you update to the latest March 15th XoftSpy database(DB-162).... these are no longer Falsely flagged by XoftSpy. In fact they cleaned up a couple of other FP entries that I purposely keep in place just for this purpose of checking programs accuracies.

This is also similar to the AOL Spyware Remover FP problem you had a few months back in regards to the registry entry that program was flagging....which happens to be once again the location SpywareBlaster places it's Restricted Sites entries.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

Attached Files:

3. guitarelf

guitarelf Registered Member

Thanks very much for the comprehensive answer Bubba. Your reference to the earlier, similar problem gave added context. I now feel much more confident when dealing with FPs,
    Guitarelf. :) :thumb: :thumb:
    I've updated to DB 162, removed the two items from the ignore list, scanned again, checked SWB & all is well, bravo!!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I was hoping that would be the case :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.