XMPP of Countermail

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by MrWayne, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrWayne

MrWayne Registered Member

Hi everyone!

I'm having some problems with my Countermail's XMPP account and would appreciate some help. It is not related to Countermail's account itself, I would say it is a general XMPP question.

I'm struggling to add contacts from other jabber compatible services. For example, I log in with my countermail account in Pidgin/Jitsi in Linux or Chatsecure in my phone and I add the following contact: thisisanexample@dukgo.com . That account belongs to Duckduckgo's XMPP service. The problem is that the invitation never arrives to my friend.

This process works perfect when adding another Countermail XMPP account, but whenever I try the same with a @jabber.org, @dukgo.com, @gmail.com or any other XMPP compatible it does not work.

Am I missing something? I have not been able to find the answer to this on the internet so maybe it is a stupid question but god, this is driving me crazy.

From jabber.org FAQ

According to that I thought that both accounts should be compatible independently of the XMPP service. Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance,

2. MrWayne

MrWayne Registered Member

No one? :doubt:

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.