XMON - infromation store stops!

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by bcampbell, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcampbell

bcampbell Registered Member

OK - I did not read the XMON install first - doh! I installed NOD32 and then installed Exhange version not knowing that it wasn't a seperate module. So now the information store mounts - then a couple of minutes later the information store stops. I have uninstalled everything. I have deleted every 'eset' entry from the registry and deleted the ESET folder. I have now installed correctly (several times) however this behaviour still exists. When I stop XMON the information store is stable - when i start it again it stops anywhere between a few seconds and a few minutes later. Any ideas? Am I missing something when I am uninstalling NOD32?

2. asdf69

asdf69 Guest

3. bcampbell

Thankyou for that. Unfortunately it isn't working in this case. Even with AMON disabled all together XMON kills the information store.

4. culla

culla Registered Member

try uninstalling it, get ccleaner run it, search for issues and fix them, save a backup just incase, this cleans stuff left behind, restart then install again let me know if this works for you if not will try something else but try this first

5. bcampbell

cccleaner? whats that then?

6. culla

culla Registered Member

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

With this issue, you could contact support @ eset.com. We will provide you with a newer version of xmon.dll to see if it resolves the problem, in case it's actually caused by XMON.

8. bcampbell

Have recieved an updated XMON.dll and unfortunately the problem persists.
    Have uninstalled and ran ccleaner.
    Have followed KB328841 and excluded all necessary folders.
    Have turned off AMON.

This will be the 5th Server I have installed NOD32 on in the 2 weeks and the first time I have had any problems. This is the only Windows 2000 Small Business Server I have installed it on though other 2003 SBS and Windows 2000 Server with Exchange posed no problems at all. I am at a loss!

9. bcampbell

In a clutching at straws attempt to fix this issue I moved the Exchange databases to a different drive, and when I restarted XMON our bizarre fault went away – for the first 12874 scanned emails and then the information store stopped again. I then defragmented the databases but it just crashed it again; however I now believe it points more to database consistency and XMON.

I used a combination of ESEUTIL and ISINTEG to repair errors in the priv1.edb and priv1.stm.

I then told XMON to rescan and I received 1342 virus alert emails similar to the one below. A strange alert saying that infected files are ok? It got further this time but still the outcome was the same.

Virus Alert email - part of
    ...s@hotmail.c > MIME > text2.html > MIME > text2.html > MIME > text2.html > MIME > text2.html > MIME > text2.html > MIME > text2.html > MIME > text2.html > MIME > text2.html > MIME > part000.htm is infected with is OK.

FYI NOD32 replaced Symantec Multi Tier V9.0 on this server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.