XMON - Information Store Crash

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by KracsNZ, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KracsNZ

KracsNZ Registered Member

Just recently moved exchange server to a much more powerful machine. Server is only running Exchange Server 2000 SP3 (with all rollups/patches applied) with GFI ME (for spam) and NOD32's XMON (for viruses).

We started experiencing lots of IS (Information Store) crashes. On doing some searches through google found a reference to IS crashing due to a crash by the vendor called through VSAPI interface (i.e. XMON).

First thing I did was disable Background Scanning in XMON. This made the IS allot more stable. But then we started having crashes during heavy use (i.e. archiving last mailboxes etc...).

So I did a little poking around in the Event Viewer and found a Dr Watson application error report for Nod32 about 5 seconds before the record for the IS crash.

I have uninstalled NOD32 and now the server is handling everything perfectly.

Heres the Dr Watson report...

2. Georgio

Georgio Registered Member

Hi,

Please could you send application and system log to support@eset.com along with drwatson log and crash dump? (if available). We will send you response ASAP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.