XMON Exchange rule add by sender - problem

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by hgb_1999, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hgb_1999

hgb_1999 Registered Member

Hi there,

I am having a problem with setting up a rule for XMON on Exchange 2003 SP2.

We are using the POP3 connector to download mail from another server (yes, many people do not recommend this and it may be the cause of the problem).

Downloading e-mails works fine, however we want to block an e-mail address sending messages to us.

This does not work using the Exchange SMTP Virtual Server because we are using the POP3 connector. So I had a look at Nod32 which is installed on the server. It has this option to add rules, which is great. However, I found that while it deletes instantly and successfully when I enter the keyword I want to block into the "by subject" rule option, it does not do the same for "by sender".

This is, as you can imagine particularly frustrating as I do not understand the technical side of this and I could not find any support on the Eset website. I also looked through this website but was unable to find anything after a thorough look (could be down to nothing being there, or my poor search skills!).

The three questions I have are:

1) Is it possible to create rules "by sender" when you are using the POP3 connector.

2) If so, what do I need to type into the rule box?

If we assume the e-mail address is spammer@annoying.com, I have already considered the following combinations, however may not have tested them properly (please excuse my lack of knowledge as may be obvious from below!):

spammer@annoying.com
    "spammer@annoying.com"
    ("spammer@annoying.com")
    ('spammer@annoying.com')

3) Do I need to tick "match whole words only" or "match case"?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.