XML Config Files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by krumbs, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krumbs

krumbs Registered Member

Me again.

Ok, so from what I know, the XML file cfgedit.xml contains the configuration info for the various parts of the NOD32 system.

I made changes in the XML file, via the Configuration Editor, which are not showing in the Control Center. The contents in cfgedit.xml are very different from what I see in the Control Center.

Any ideas?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1. You cannot make any changes to the template cfgedit.xml, otherwise your Configuration Editor will not work properly.

2. Did you push the configuration via Remote Administrator or via your update mirror?

3. krumbs

krumbs Registered Member

I didn't know...because the config file cfgedit.xml seems to have kept the changes I made (every time I look at it through the config editor, it shows my changes). So I guess I will just have to save it under a different name and revert cfgedit.xml back to the default? If yes, what are the exact steps for this?

To be clear, there are 2 config XML files to which I am referring:1 I made for the NOD32 workstations to be pushed via the update mirror and another one (the cfgedit.xml file) which I modified on the NOD32 server machine. The XML file being pushed via the update mirror updates the clients just fine (and I can see the settings being picked up by the control center on the workstattions), but the one I am modifying on the server machine doesn't seem to propagate to the control center on the server machine.

Does it make a little more sense, Marcos?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1. the only solution would probably be to reinstall the admin version of NOD32 so that the original template is created from scratch.

2. if a configuration is pushed via a mirror, you may need to change the configuration ID for the settings to be applied to client workstations (modifying a config. file does not suffice). With NOD32 Remote Administator, it would be a doddle to push configurations.

5. krumbs

krumbs Registered Member

1- Pushing configs to workstations is not a problem for me. It works fine, as I said. I used the mirror update, so I don't need Remote Admin for that.

2- I am still trying to figure out how to load an XML donfig file into the control center, however (that's even if I don't change the default cfegit.xml file). Or have you been trying to tell me that that is not possible on the admin machine?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.