xml config files not working correctly on install

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by koshthetrekkie, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koshthetrekkie

koshthetrekkie Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I've just noticed a problem with our Nod32 Clients. I have a config file setup with 2 update profiles called Std Profile and My Profile. I have also configured them as primary and secondary respectively in the automatic update scheduled task.

Now i have used the config file in our push install package and also created a standalone exe installer that runs with the command line /instmfc /silentmode /forceold /reboot /showrestart /cfg=stdClient.xml.

Now if I do a push or standalone install most of the settings are correct except for the scheduled update task. It sets the primary profile to be My Profile and the secondary as none.

Then if I create a task to update the client with the same config file and check again the primary and secondary profiles are now correct and everythig works fine.

Does anyone have any clue about what is going on?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you configure a primary and secondary profile, you need to push that configuration to the client again because the secondary profile did not exist during installation.

3. koshthetrekkie

I thought if it was in the config file that I bundled with the installation then it should also be already setup as all the other custom settings we have were set correctly e.g. our update server, scan settings etc.

Is there a reason why the scheduled update task is the only thing that doesn't get updated from the setup config file initially and needs to be repushed?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I always create a config file first. Once saved...I create/save a new installer package...and import that config file.

5. koshthetrekkie

Yep that's basically what I did. Created a package from the latest installer. Imported my config into it and then pushed it to the laptop.

After install the 2 update profiles are there with all correct settings but when you check the update task, the primary profile is set to 'My Profile' and the secondary is set to none.

If I push the config file again to the client and check the update task then its now correct.

Tell me that this isnt the way that Nod32 is designed to work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.